Re: [orthodox-synod] RE: Orthodox Mission in Jerusalem

  • Rd. Constantine Wright
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9 7:15 AM
      On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, ptomac_belgorod wrote:

      > I hate to get off of the topic, but is there any truth to the rumour
      > that Palestinians who are Orthodox are being denied the opportunity
      > to attend their Churches???

      Yes. The Isreaelis close the borders so that the Orthodox Palestinians
      living in the Occupied Territories cannot worship in their communities.
      See several of the news articles at

      http://www.angelfire.com/zine/rocanews

      > I have read where Orthodox Churches have been damaged by troops and
      > others killed. But I have yet to find out anything concrete about
      > religious restrictions.

      Several Orthodox clergy have been killed in Israeli crossfire, though I
      don't think they were deliberately targeted.

      In Christ,
      Rd. Constantine

      +----------------------------------------------------------+-------+
      |Reader Constantine Wright St. Lawrence Orthodox Church| |
      |133 Murray Springs Rd. Felton, California| IC|XC |
      |Chatsworth, GA 30705 Patriarchate of Jerusalem| ----- |
      |----------------------------------------------------------| NI|KA |
      | CHURCH WEBPAGE: http://www.angelfire.com/zine/rocanews | |
      | PERSONAL WEBPAGE: http://constans_wright.tripod.com | |
      +----------------------------------------------------------+-------+
    • ptomac_belgorod
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19 8:44 PM
        --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "Rd. Constantine Wright" <constans@a...>
        wrote:
        > On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, ptomac_belgorod wrote:
        >
        > > I hate to get off of the topic, but is there any truth to the
        rumour
        > > that Palestinians who are Orthodox are being denied the
        opportunity
        > > to attend their Churches???
        >
        > Yes. The Isreaelis close the borders so that the Orthodox
        Palestinians
        > living in the Occupied Territories cannot worship in their
        communities.
        > See several of the news articles at
        >
        > http://www.angelfire.com/zine/rocanews
        >
        > > I have read where Orthodox Churches have been damaged by troops
        and
        > > others killed. But I have yet to find out anything concrete about
        > > religious restrictions.
        >
        > Several Orthodox clergy have been killed in Israeli crossfire,
        though I
        > don't think they were deliberately targeted.
        >
        > In Christ,
        > Rd. Constantine

        I would like to thank you for your information.
        It is something I worry about.
        I do not like violence on either side and I pray the killing stops.

        YOURS IN CHRIST

        Gerry Thomas - CANADA