Mansonville Synod.... help!

  • OrthodoxTruth
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2002
      To everyone who is indeed bothered by the actions of the people from
      Mansonville, the ROCiE..

      Which has been bothering me for some time, I came across a quote made by
      Saint John the Wonderworker, in the San Francisco News Call Bulletin on
      Aptil 29, 1963, which may help to ease the pain of we who are simply caught
      in the middle. I offer it to this group...
      ------

      "I'm a monk so I have to obey whatever the synod decides ... obey without
      asking questions."

      "remain faithful to the synod," and to "abstain from hasty action."

      Vladyka's wisdom, echoing from the grave.

      With Love In Christ,
      Nektarius
    • Sl Angelsky
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2002
        Do you know why in the late 1960's Saint John
        Maximovitch, got involved in legal battles??

        It was because of fanatics who wanted him gone as
        Archbishop of Western America and San Francisco, for
        offering up prayers to the newly installed Patriarch
        Alexey 1.

        So the Russian fanatics wanted him gone for this,
        which they ultimately failed, and Saint John was
        Glorified before God.

        Suring any times of trouble, Saint John would tell the
        faithful, to trust in your bishop, for the church lies
        with them. I admit there are things that bother me,
        and many others...

        But Moscow has not done the things the Synod of
        bishops of the Church Abroad have requested, so
        communion is still severed!!!

        These fantics are leaving for things that havent
        occured. They leave, because they think "things" are
        going to happen!

        This is Orthodox fanaticsm..

        They like to talk about the spirit of "something" that
        has entered the church through new-calendarists and
        modernists and ecumenists and so forth, yet I would
        simply ask that they look in the mirror and see all
        the damage that they are causing. Their outlandish
        judgments of people they have never met, their open
        condemnation of their bishops and hierarchs.

        I have been with the Church Abroad for 67 years, and
        the Church Abroad I am apart of is the same Church
        Abroad I fled with from Serbia those many years ago,
        If the Church Abroad has changed, it has moved more to
        the right then anything. I was born Orthodox, I was
        raised Orthodox, I knew St. John very well, I knew
        Father Justin Popvich, I knew St. Nicholas
        Velimirovich very well, and may I say, that the
        Orthodoxy they preached, which I had the blessing to
        hear first hand from all three, is the same as the
        Orthodoxy that the Church Abroad upholds till this
        day..

        And I am furious with half-wits who have not lived
        with the Church Abroad long enough to make any
        intelligent comment regarding them. Converts who
        think they know more than the Orthodox who have been
        there long before they came along. All I hear is
        blasphemous talk from arrognat people, who are so
        willing to condemn the Church to condemn Christ.
        Varnave is the ring leader, I remember in the early
        80's, when he was up for a possible bishopric, many
        faithful did not want him to become a bishop, because
        they felt he and his extremist tendensies, would
        create schism in the church.. Even Vladyka Filaret was
        against it, privately of course, anyone with class
        would not bring things like this out in the open, but
        I feel I must speak out!!

        I will only say, in the words of Vladyka John, "Remain
        faithful to the Synod and to the Church Abroad"

        Especially when nothing has occured!!

        We are still in communion with Serbia and Jerusalem.
        We are not in communion with new-calendarists, which
        may I say, Saint John served with new calendarist
        bishops many times, as did Father Justin and St.
        Nicholai Velimirovich.

        They are not outside Orthodoxy, they have been
        attacked head first by the evil one, and it has
        tainted their church, and we so openly condemn them,
        at the same time we turn our backs on them.. We must
        help them.

        Same thing with Moscow. How are you suppose to have
        dialogue with someone if you turn your back on them
        and refuse their existense, not even giving them the
        proper respect. Even Vladyka Filaret said "we cannot
        indefinately remain seperate from the Moscow Church."
        They are incomplete without us as are we without them,
        we both will not survive without each other. They are
        coming to understand that, and so must we.

        He didnt hand over his staff to the next hierarch
        because he was stolen!!!

        I know a few people, who have known Vladyka for nearly
        fifty years, as long as he's been a bishop, who cant
        even speak to him in Mansonville, any one who doesnt
        believe and who knows Vladyka well, try calling
        there.. See if you can get him on the phone, you will
        find that this impossible, they always have an excuse
        for anyone not to talk to him. Anyone who knows
        Vladyka, knows how easy it was to get him on the
        phone, The last time I called him, was to ask his
        advise regarding one of my kids, and another thing, he
        would always call people to wish them a happy name
        day, always!! He did not do that for me, or for anyone
        else I know in recent months. He called me last year
        to wish me a happy name day, he called George, he
        called Piotr, etc. Except this year nothing!!

        Why? I mean am I the only one, who notices these
        things?? Not him not wishing me a happy name day. It
        is the overall change. They keep him locked up!!!

        You know what, I am going to go up there myself to
        speak with him alone. And let's see if that can
        happen, and I am going to take someone with me to
        document it, with a hidden camera and eveything.

        Because he is the only one their who is legitimate,
        and they keep a strangle hold on him.

        And I can bet, that they are not going to let me talk
        to him.. If I can get to him, which I doubt, and it
        would be a wasted trip, but at least I will have
        evidence that they are restricting his personal
        freedom, If I can get to talk to him though, I am
        going to tell him, their are now two ROCOR churches,
        Varnava has established a second church and has used
        your nakme to create schism in the Church Abroad,
        small as it may be. Yet it has been done. And well
        shall se, if Andrew or Fr. Serge, ooh excuse me,
        "bishop" Serge are going to let me in the door.. I
        really believe they wont let me see the Metropolitan,
        who married me no less to my wife of 30 years, when he
        was Archbishop.. Let's just say for those of you who
        dont know me, Vladyka and my family have been very
        close for many years, he and my father were very close
        friends.

        What they are doing is bringing the Mathewitte heresy
        into the Russian church, which was condmened by all
        the Metropolitans and all the Synods of the Church
        Abroad throughout the years..

        With Christ's Love,
        Ioann