Re: English translation of statement

  • Park, Nicholas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2002
      The translation is on-line, at
      http://www.rocor.org/letters/2002-02-22--synod-statement-re.html#e

      I would guess that the reason it took some time for it to be translated is
      that our Bishops are over-worked and
      the SYNOD is under-staffed and under-financed... A lot of work is done be
      priests who are not paid, and
      have to work secular jobs on top of their pastoral labors... Perhaps the
      organizational state of the SYNOD
      reflects the state of piety in the church at large, and the small number of
      faithful??

      Someone said at the time of the revolution that because the Russian people
      had forgotten God, they no longer
      deserved an Orthodox Monarch. Perhaps we do not deserve an efficient church
      organization? I know that I
      do not.

      In Christ,
      Nicholas

      From: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
      Date: 1 Mar 2002 13:52:20 -0000

      >That is why ask the
      >following question: There is a statement on the ROCOR site,
      Feb., in
      >Russian. It has been there almost a whole month now....there
      is no English