Repose of Vladika Mitrophan ?

  • Fr. David Straut
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16 4:18 AM
      Dear Brethren,

      Christ is in our midst!

      I received a telephone call from a parishioner on Friday afternoon telling me that she had heard from someone that Vladika Mitrophan had fallen asleep in the Lord. (She had heard me praying for him during that morning's Liturgy.) However, I am puzzled because this hasn't appered on these Lists. I would like to serve a Panahida for him before Vigil today if it appropriate. Could someone inform us?

      Priest David C. Straut
      Orthodox Church of St Elizabeth the New Martyr (ROCOR)
      Somerville, New Jersey

    • Fr. Anthony Nelson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16 8:59 AM
        He has, indeed reposed. In this diocese we received instructions from Vl.
        Alypy yesterday to commemorate him in the Great Entrance and the
        Proskomedia for the 40 days.

        Memory Eternal!

        Fr. David Straut wrote:

        >I received a telephone call from a parishioner on Friday afternoon telling
        >me that she had heard from someone that Vladika Mitrophan had fallen
        >asleep in the Lord. (She had heard me praying for him during that
        >morning's Liturgy.) However, I am puzzled because this hasn't appered on
        >these Lists. I would like to serve a Panahida for him before

        Fr. Anthony Nelson * Emergency Cell Phone Email:
        St. Benedict Orthodox Church (ROCOR) * Up to 160 characters maximum
        Oklahoma City, OK USA 405-672-1441 * total allowed including return
        mailto:fr.anthony@... * address and Subject headers.
        http://www.orthodox.org/stbenedict * mailto:fra-mobile@...