Priest Seraphim Holland requests your help and prayers

  • Priest Seraphim Holland
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2002
      My family has adopted two children, who were born in Russia. They have been
      with us 1.5 years; we adopted them after meeting them through the auspices
      of a Texas Child Protective Services case-worker. They were severely
      neglected in Russia, because both of their parent were severe alcoholics
      and drug users. They were subsequently put in a Russian orphanage, where
      they suffered various forms of physical and sexual abuse. They were later
      adopted by a psychopath, who severely abused them in every way, until the
      State of Texas finally became aware of the situation, and removed them from
      the home. The abuse of the mother even caused the death or their youngest
      sister. The children witnessed all of the abuse that led to their sister's
      death.

      After the parental rights of the American couple were terminated, we
      adopted them.

      They are kids with EXTREME emotional needs. My family is being torn apart
      by the pressures, and I am under great pressure, from many quarters, to
      terminate my parental involvement. God has adopted us, and we are His sons,
      and I look at the adoption of these children with this dogma firmly in
      mind. I am desperately trying to avoid something that many people are
      telling me is inevitable.

      I have some requests:.

      Please pray for these children, Andrew and Oksana, and all of my family, if
      you can.

      Please add my family to your dyptichs, to be commemorated in all the Divine
      Liturgies in your parish.

      Please contact me if you know of an Orthodox Christian home, with a very
      stable family, and normal people, who might be able to adopt these
      children. My family has young children - a prospective family should not
      have young children!

      I am reaching the end of my rope, and want to explore all options, but
      especially beg your prayers for my family, so that, somehow, Andrew and
      Oksana may live with us, our hurting family may have no lasting damage, and
      we may prosper.

      IF ANY OF MY PARISHIONERS ARE ON THIS LIST, PLEASE KEEP THIS INFORMATION
      CONFIDENTIAL IN THE PARISH. ANDREW AND OKSANSA SHOULD NOT BE TOLD ABOUT OUR
      STRUGGLES. I hope that they will prosper in our home, and never know the
      intimate details of the decisions that my wife and I daily anguish over.

      Priest Seraphim and Marina Holland
      Christina - 18
      Timothy - 14
      Natalie - 11
      *Andrew -10 and Oksana - 9
      Daniel - 5.5
    • aleksandrasamuelevna
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2002
        --- Has anyone replied to Fr. Seraphim? I wrote privately twice,
        but haven't heard from him. I hope all is going better.