Josephus

  • theopetr
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2002
      I have a question that maybe someone on this list can answer for me.
      In my Old Testament class last night we discussed the work of the
      Jewish scholar Josephus (a.k.a. Flavius Josephus). I was wondering
      what the Orthodox Church's opinion of Josephus is, if It has one. My
      professor said that Josephus was "respected" by the early Church
      Fathers. Can anyone help me on this one?

      In Christ,
      Theodora Petrovsky
      St. Vladimir Memorial Church
      Jackson, NJ