Batyushka Gerasim of Spruce Island

  • Robert Kearney
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2002
      Speaking of St. Hermans Spruce Island, is not the
      grave of the pius elder Gerasim Schmaltz located
      there? Does anyone know if this blessed man will one
      day be canonized by the church for his ascetic labors.
      Also, to which jurisdiction did he belong to? All the
      info I've read about him has been from the St. Hermans
      brotherhood and they have made this a rather vague
      detail. I think he was given an OCA funeral when he
      died in 1969, but that was before ROCOR placed them
      under interdict, I believe.
      I would appreciate any help for this? N. R. Kearney

      http://auctions.yahoo.com