Batyushka Gerasim of Spruce Island

  • Robert Kearney
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3 6:37 PM
      Speaking of St. Hermans Spruce Island, is not the
      grave of the pius elder Gerasim Schmaltz located
      there? Does anyone know if this blessed man will one
      day be canonized by the church for his ascetic labors.
      Also, to which jurisdiction did he belong to? All the
      info I've read about him has been from the St. Hermans
      brotherhood and they have made this a rather vague
      detail. I think he was given an OCA funeral when he
      died in 1969, but that was before ROCOR placed them
      under interdict, I believe.
      I would appreciate any help for this? N. R. Kearney

      http://auctions.yahoo.com
    • thestapletonfamily
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4 12:16 AM
        --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "rsjmil" <rsjmil@w...> wrote:
        > Thanks to several people who know exactly how to find St Herman,
        both his Spruce Island 'Scetis' and his relics in Kodiak. If we
        think we can manage all the logistics, it probably will be June.
        Mobility is a bit of an issue for my wife, as is also the weather
        there.

        > Thanks to all for this help. I always pray for benefactors!
        >
        > Jos Miller

        Here is some of the contact information I said I would post.
        SAINT INNOCENT'S ACADEMY
        P.O. Box 1517
        Kodiak, Alaska 99615

        The Priest and Dean of the school is Fr. Paisius De Lucia.
        phone (907) 486-4376 fax (907) 486-1758
        email: innocent@...

        A struggling soul
        Ambrose Stapleton