Thanks to

  • rsjmil
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2002
      Thanks to several people who know exactly how to find St Herman, both his Spruce Island 'Scetis' and his relics in Kodiak. If we think we can manage all the logistics, it probably will be June. Mobility is a bit of an issue for my wife, as is also the weather there.

      Thanks to all for this help. I always pray for benefactors!

      Jos Miller

    • Robert Kearney
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2002
        Speaking of St. Hermans Spruce Island, is not the
        grave of the pius elder Gerasim Schmaltz located
        there? Does anyone know if this blessed man will one
        day be canonized by the church for his ascetic labors.
        Also, to which jurisdiction did he belong to? All the
        info I've read about him has been from the St. Hermans
        brotherhood and they have made this a rather vague
        detail. I think he was given an OCA funeral when he
        died in 1969, but that was before ROCOR placed them
        under interdict, I believe.
        I would appreciate any help for this? N. R. Kearney

        http://auctions.yahoo.com
      • thestapletonfamily
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2002
          --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "rsjmil" <rsjmil@w...> wrote:
          > Thanks to several people who know exactly how to find St Herman,
          both his Spruce Island 'Scetis' and his relics in Kodiak. If we
          think we can manage all the logistics, it probably will be June.
          Mobility is a bit of an issue for my wife, as is also the weather
          there.

          > Thanks to all for this help. I always pray for benefactors!
          >
          > Jos Miller

          Here is some of the contact information I said I would post.
          SAINT INNOCENT'S ACADEMY
          P.O. Box 1517
          Kodiak, Alaska 99615

          The Priest and Dean of the school is Fr. Paisius De Lucia.
          phone (907) 486-4376 fax (907) 486-1758
          email: innocent@...

          A struggling soul
          Ambrose Stapleton