Re: [orthodox-synod] RE: The lowly Rocor website

  • catherine elaine sullivan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2002
      I am quite confused by the last several postings- why has the topic of a
      website and its quality or lack thereof turned into a critique of Met. Vitaly,
      ROCIE and ROCOR and its clergy?? I don't get the connection. And while it
      would be nice to have a site where one could read "the truth," one must ask,
      the truth according to whom? Would it be like these small groups who are
      self-proclaimed "True" Orthodox? According to whom? By what standard? I view
      the internet as primarily entertainment, and do not believe that which I have
      not seen myself, or which was experienced first hand by a trusted friend. If
      you expect the "truth" on ANY site, you will never get better than a partial
      truth! My knowledge of the ROCOR/ROCIE situation regarding Met. Vitaly comes
      from speaking with someone present at one of the kidnapping attempts, seeing
      actual photographs (not those on the internet), and conversations with others
      actually involved in the situation. I believe NOTHING I have only read on the
      internet, no matter who says it! I think we would all be wise to do likewise,
      and cease the gossip about this situation, leaving it to those actually ROCOR
      or ROCIE members.

      http://auctions.yahoo.com