Tihomirov - opinions?

  • andreisoup
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2002
      Merry Christmas to all!

      I'm reading L.A.Tihomirov's Religiozno-Philosophskie Osnovi
      Istorii at the moment and was wondering if anybody out there has read
      him and what do you think? I suppose it's a religio-philosophical
      basis of history, but it reads more as a history of religion. - A
      history of man's religious belief and understanding, outside of
      Israel.
      The intro states that he (L.A.T.) was a full-on revolutionary in
      the late 19-century who changed his spots and worked with Stolypin in
      the early 20th-century. Better to be cold/hot than lukewarm, I
      suppose.
      Anyway; I'm enjoying the book, and would recommend it. What do
      others think?

      Yours,
      Andrei Souprounovich

      PS This book seems to have seen its first publication in 1997,
      despite the fact that he died in 1923. Quite a few of his works have
      recently popped up in the Jordanville distribution list - hint as to
      where to get your copy :-).