festive event in Denver

  • David Moser
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2002
      Pursuant to Michael's request that we post information about other
      "conferences":

      While this isn't a "conference" exactly, All Sts of Russia parish in Denver is
      celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. Among other events the main
      celebration will be on the parish feast of All Sts of Russia which this year
      falls on July 14th (civil calendar). Vladyka Metropolitan has been invited as
      well as Archbishop Alypy and Bishop Kyrill and all the clergy who have in the
      past served that parish. Among those attending will be Fr Alexey Young and
      myself. Fr Alexey will be giving a talk about Orthodoxy in the USA - our celtic
      heritage and I will be giving a talk about Orthodoxy in the USA - our
      Alaskan/Russian heritage. As more information is available, I will post it.

      Priest David Moser +++ moserd@...
      Boise, Idaho
    • mwoerl
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2002
        --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "David Moser" <moserd@m...> wrote:

        > and all the clergy who have in the
        > past served that parish . . .

        You think Father Stephen Allen will show up?????
        Michael Woerl
      • frpeterjackson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2002
          --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "mwoerl" <mwoerl@y...> wrote:
          > --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "David Moser" <moserd@m...> wrote:
          >
          > > and all the clergy who have in the
          > > past served that parish . . .
          >

          > You think Father Stephen Allen will show up?????
          > Michael Woerl

          I do not see what useful purpose it serves to make such a biting
          comment. Let us all pray for unity in Christ's Church and try to
          refrain from making remarks which can only drive a wedge between us
          and those who have separated themselves from us.

          Fr. Peter Jackson
        • Sandra Thompson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 11, 2002

            >I do not see what useful purpose it serves to make such a biting
            >comment. Let us all pray for unity in Christ's Church and try to
            >refrain from making remarks which can only drive a wedge between us
            >and those who have separated themselves from us.
            >
            >Fr. Peter Jackson

            I agree. I did not know until this posting that Fr. was not with us. It
            made me curious as to why and tempted me to gossip.