Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Travelogue: St. Herman's Conference

  • catherine elaine sullivan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2002
      Fr. David- Perhaps then the problem is partially one of communication. Since we
      don't have a "newspaper" as such, most of this info. has to come through the
      priest. If he doesn't share it.... Also, I guess I haven't seen anything in
      my general area (central New York). For some of us, it is prohibitive to fly
      to conferences and stay at hotels and such. I Have found that the other
      jurisdictions are not only better about offering things (Christian ed
      workshops, women's retreats, etc.), but also providing low cost or no cost
      housing. While I think many laity have interest, it is really the clergy who
      have to "talk up" and, I think, initiate these things. I have not had much
      luck getting anything going that the priests have little interest in!

      =====
      Catherine

      http://greetings.yahoo.com