Prayers needed

  • DCNDIMITRI@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 13, 2001
      Father George Larin ended up having quadruple bypass. The surgeon performing
      the operation is a pioneer in open heart surgery. He has perfected a method
      of open heart surgery without removing the heart and operating on the heart
      while the heart is still beating. The surgery was to last 5 hours. During
      the surgery there was a complication. There was much bleeding in the back of
      the heart. The surgeon had trouble stopping the bleeding but was eventually
      able to stop the bleeding. This complication extended the surgery almost 3
      extra hours. When the surgeon was briefing the family he called the
      operation a success. He also mentioned that in all his years as a cardiac
      surgeon he has never seen a man with such a big heart! Proving what we all
      knew all along, Father George is a man with a very big heart! After the
      surgery, they slowly awoke Father George to rule out a stroke which
      occasionally may occur due to the trauma of the surgery. Father George
      responded to all requests and was sedated for the next 10 hours.
      The first 24 hours after the surgery are the most critical. Father
      George made it through the night and was woken at 6 AM est. and was doing
      well. On Thursday afternoon, (Dec 13th), Father George's heart began to beat
      at a very high rate. This is a complication that occurs in 20% of the
      patients. It has been brought under control with the use of medications.
      Due to this complication, Father George will be in the intensive care unit
      and no visitors are allowed. Here in Nyack, NY we are grateful to our Father
      in Heaven for seeing our dear pastor thought to this point. We beg for all
      prayers, for it to be God's will for Father George to regain his health and
      return to the Holy Alter table and to the service of Father George's beloved
      Church of Christ.

      In Christ,
      the unworthy
      dyakon dimitri temidis
    • Kiril Bart
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 9, 2002
        Please pray for Eugenia, who is Orthodox and has been
        diagnosed with breast cancer. She is very vivacious
        person, despite her more then mature age of 84, I
        think. She is also a very involved with choir and any
        other parish activities. She is going to go through a
        surgery.
        Thanks, Subdeacon Kirill

        Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
        http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
      • Igumeniya Iulianiya

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2007
            Please keep in your prayers Fr. Jeremiah Loch, who suffered a heart
            attack yesterday. He serves the English ROCOR parish west of Chicago.

            In Christ,
            Carol Surgant
          • frvictor@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3, 2007
              I thank Carol for posting this. I did not know that he suffered a heart attack. I just got off the phone with Fr. Jeremiah, and he is doing well. They are looking at different options. God willing, Father will be in Church for Pascha, although he wont be able to serve. Please all do keep him in your prayers.
              Priest Victor Boldewskul

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3, 2007
                At 04:03 PM 4/3/2007, you wrote:
                >Please keep in your prayers Fr. Jeremiah Loch, who suffered a heart
                >attack yesterday. He serves the English ROCOR parish west of Chicago.

                What a fine priest! How terrible for him to suffer this, especially
                at this time!

                Anna V.
              • All-Merciful Saviour Monastery
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 3, 2007
                  May God help him. We will indeed be praying for our dear friend,
                  Father Jeremiah.
                  Hieromonk Tryphon
                • Aleksandra Thompson
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2007
                    Our prayers go up! Let us know how he is doing.

                    Carol Surgant <casurgant@...> wrote: Please keep in your prayers Fr. Jeremiah Loch, who suffered a heart
                    attack yesterday. He serves the English ROCOR parish west of Chicago.

                    In Christ,
                    Carol Surgant

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Michael Woodson