How to build: altar, cupola

  • Fr. Gregory Joyce
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2001
      Dear Fathers, Brothers & Sisters,

      I am looking for instructions on how to build a
      liturgically correct altar table (not a cube of wood,
      but an actual altar table with the appropriate notches
      for the wire that is wrapped around it at the
      consecration of a church, and the appropriate holes
      for the nails that are driven into it also at the
      consecration, etc.). If someone would be so kind as
      share these instructions with me I would greatly
      appreciate it.

      Also, if someone could share with me the plans to
      build a Russian style cupola from wood (ideally to be
      guilded, but perhaps to be covered with stainless
      steel as on the cemetery chapel in Jordanville), I
      would again be very grateful.

      Feel free to send these to me privately, or, as I
      suspect others might find this information interesting
      as well, to the group.

      Thank you in advance!

      Fr. Gregory

      =====
      Rev. Fr. Gregory Joyce
      St. Vladimir Russian Orthodox Church, ROCOR
      Ann Arbor, MI
      e-mail: ogrisha@...
      parish web page: http://www.stvladimiraami.org
      pager: (734) 651-9784
      This email meant only for private correspondence. Reproduction or forwarding without sender's permission is prohibited.

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1