Re: [orthodox-synod] The Great Earthquake

  • Matthew Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2001
      From the Prologue:

      Commemoration of the great Earthquake in Constantinople.

      In the time of the Emperor Leo the Isaurian, in 740, there was a
      terrifying and long-lasting earthquake in Constantinople. The people
      realised that this was God's punishment for their sins, and entreated the
      most holy Mother of God and St Dimitrios with great penitence, until God
      had mercy and the earthquake ended.

      Matthew Williams

      PS: You can find the readings from the Prologue for the current date at
      http://www.stmaryofegypt.org

      On Thursday, November 8, 2001, at 11:59 AM, Theodora wrote:

      > Today on the ROCA calendar we commemorate the Great Earthquake. Please,
      > could someone share what this is? When and where and date?
      >
      > Theodora in the mountains
    • Theodora
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2001
        Thank you Theodora