RE: [orthodox-synod] Simple Solution:

  • Valentina Grigorieva
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
      --- "Ledkovsky, Nina" <nina_ledkovsky@...>
      a écrit : > Kato,
      > -nina
      > PS. Do you understand the fact that if not for the
      > Serbian Church - we would
      > not even exist. The Serbian Church SAVED us.
      Dear Nina, these words seem a bit extreme and too much
      personal of an assertion : of course the Serbian
      Church helped us, gave asylum to thousands of families
      and clergy, supported our Church, but did not SAVE us.
      Our Lord saves only.
      If not for the Serbian Church, GOD only knows what
      would have happened to us. The rest is assumptions.
      In 1943, the USSR recognized the government of Tito,
      and at the end of WW II, the Serbian Church recognized
      the authority of the Russian Patriarch Serge (you can
      imagine under what pressure) but did not cut their
      links with our Church. That same Serbian Church who is
      participating to the ecumenist heresy via the
      Ecumenical Council of Churches, side by side with
      Moscow Patriarchate.
      Better to remain close to facts than to build
      assumptions fitting with the current stream.
      Valentina by the streams of Med. Sea.

    • Ledkovsky, Nina
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
        Valentina,
        I meant that the Serbs "saved" us in the technical way rather than the
        eternal way.In the context I used it, the Serbians DID in fact save our
        church by their generosity and help. Much of my family was there in Belgrade
        when it happened (because Serbia was the only country that would accept them
        as refugees from Russia at that time during the revolution).

        Also, don't forget that Metropolitan Vitaly issued an ukaz stating that we
        pray for our brethren in Serbia in all of our services during the bombing in
        1999.

        The instructions for the service and the text that was to be served at this
        time said the following:
        "At the augmented litany at the end of the moleben, after the petitions for
        the Episcopate, for Russia and for this Country, read the following:
        "Again we pray for the Orthodox Episcopate of the Church of Serbia, their
        clergy and flock, and for their salvation""
        S' Bogom,

      • ninamezencev@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
          --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "Ledkovsky, Nina" <nina_ledkovsky@d...>
          wrote:
          > Kato,
          > When you are ordained as a bishop it will be OK for you to make
          decisions
          > about what the bishops "need" to do (decisions that are only the
          SOBOR can
          > make as called for in the Canons).

          Dear Nina,

          Speaking of decisions, how did you make your decision to TRUST
          those particular Bishops when this first started and not to trust
          Metropolitan Vitaly, Archbishop Lazar, Bishop Varnava, Bishop
          Anathangel and Bishop Benjamin?

          > I have said it again and again. TRUST OUR BISHOPS and more
          importantly -

          I do - Metropolitan Vitaly, Archbishop Lazar, Bishop Varnava, Bishop
          Anathangel and Bishop Benjamin.

          > PS. Do you understand the fact that if not for the Serbian Church -
          we would
          > not even exist. The Serbian Church SAVED us.

          Only the Lord can Save us. The Scriptures tell us that the True
          Church will always exist in the world and that the forces of evil
          shall never prevail over the Church of Christ. Nina