Re: [orthodox-synod] What_does_“dialogue”_really_mean?

  • Igumeniya Iulianiya
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2001
      klandsberg@... wrote:
      >" On these Internet mailing lists and elsewhere, we
      > repeatedly hear the
      > claim that the time has come for "dialogue" between
      > Zarubezhnaya
      > Tserkov (Z.Ts.) and the Moscow Patriarchate (MP)."

      I have a few questions about this belaboured subject
      of "DIALOGUE".
      The organization in Moscow which claims to be a church
      does not seem familiar with churchly terms (or
      anything else in Orthodoxy!)
      It is surely no news to any of the bishops involved in
      this sad SOBOR that since the Council of 1917-1918
      under Saint Patriarch Tikhon the corrupted and
      apostate church in Moscow has been and still is under
      Anathema, which can be removed ONLY by the Russian
      Orthodox Church which still remains faithful to
      Christ. The Anathema means among other restrictions
      that faithful Orthodox Christians MAY NOT HAVE ANY
      CONTACT OR DEALINGS WITH EITHER THE COMMUNIST SOVIETS
      OR THAT PART OF THE ORTHODOX CHURCH WHICH UNITED
      ITSELF WITH THE SOVIETS AND THUS LEFT THE TRUE CHURCH
      PERMANENTLY. This false "church".. the "M.P". has no
      claim whatsoever on any Orthodox person or Church in
      any place, nor any claim on property which is still
      kept safe by the Russian Orthodox Church whose
      headquarters are in New York City. Every one of the
      past Metropolitans of the Russian Orthodox Church in
      Exile, as well as the present Metropolitan Vitaly has
      faithfully observed the Anathema and refused any
      correspondence or contact with the apostates.
      How then does anyone in the Russian Orthodox Church
      think and speak of a DIALOGUE with a "church" which
      simply does nor exist?
      The only similar dialogue which comes to mind is the
      one which Mother Eve conducted with the serpent. And
      we know how that one turned out, don't we?
      If we truly love ANYONE, a person or a church, we will
      treasure their immortal soul and do all in our power
      to help them avoid eternal death. We will scorn their
      lies and cling to the truth, thus showing them the
      way; we will pity them for their blindness and
      stupidity and we will remain steadfastly on the road
      of Faith in Jesus Christ and we will suffer and even
      accept death if necessary to give the example they
      must follow. Let it not be said at the Judgment that
      we failed to save them, at least by our own example.
      If you love them, in the Name of the Lord Jesus
      Christ, DO NOT JOIN THEM!
      sinful Abbjuliana

      " point to the spiritual rebirth

      === message truncated ===