ROCOR a sect.

  • Fr. George Primak
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2001
      Dear all,

      Lately on this web side have appeared some comments insisting that
      we must join the MP or otherwise we might turn into a sect. It
      surprised me. Five years ago, as I believe, such idea wouldn't come
      to anyone's mind. Why now? For more than 60 years the great majority
      of MP's bishops and priests, some of then atheists and KGB agents
      and officers, served the communist regime (Mammon), violating the
      Church's canons and rules in many fields, but for those people it
      appears to be the genuine Church of Christ, the Mother Church. On
      other hand, our Church which for more than 60 years served God
      trying to follow Church's canons and rules may become a sect if it
      doesn't join them. It sounds very suspicious to me and I can't find
      any logic in it. Were the small groups, which kept the truth for
      more the 50 years during the iconoclastic heresy, sects? Was the
      holy Mars, the Metropolitan of Effesus, a sectarian?
      Anybody can clarify it to me, an ignorant.
      Sorry for my poor English,
      Fr. George