New First Hierarch elected

  • Rev Mark Gilstrap
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 24, 2001
      The Most Reverend Laurus has been elected as First Hierarch of
      the Russian Church Abroad.

      Axios! Axios! Axios!
    • Ledkovsky, Nina
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 24, 2001
        AXIOS! AXIOS! AXIOS!!!

        The Most Reverend Laurus has been elected as First Hierarch of
        the Russian Church Abroad.

        Axios! Axios! Axios!

      • catherine elaine sullivan
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 24, 2001
          No surprise ther, but probably an OK move. I am concerned about where the
          church goes from here, though!

          =====
          Catherine
        • Rev Mark Gilstrap
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 24, 2001
            > No surprise ther, but probably an OK move. I am concerned about where the
            > church goes from here, though!

            Where the church goes from here depends very much on our attitude and
            prayerful participation. Our spiritual participation through prayer is
            very
            important.

            My bishop reportedly wondered why priests were sending pre-Sobor
            letters,
            and he prescribes a better model by marshaling us to prayer throughout
            the
            Sobor.

            pr Mark
          • mwoerl@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 24, 2001
              Vladika Archbishop Lavr is an excellent choice for the post of
              Metropolitan, and one of the few Hierarchs of the Church Abroad left
              who knew, and learned from, some of our greatest Hierarchs, and was
              raised in the Monastery (St. Job of Pochaev, in Ladomirova,
              Czechoslovakia) where many of our Hierarchs came from.
              Vladika Alypy probably didn't understand why priests were sending
              pre-Sobor letters instead of prayiing throughout the Sobor because he
              is a man of prayer, and wholly Orthodox, and found it puzzling that
              certain priests of the Church Abroad would, in such a traditional
              American way, try to influence the action of the Holy Spirit by sending
              petitions!
              Eis Polla Eti Despota!
              With Love in Christ,
              Michael Woerl
            • Father Jeremiah Loch
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 24, 2001
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 25, 2001
                  On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Rev Mark Gilstrap wrote:

                  > My bishop reportedly wondered why priests were sending pre-Sobor
                  > letters,

                  Watch out for that "reportedly" part. I believe what I hear from
                  my --our-- Archbishop. But you would be (or should be) amazed at what is
                  "reportedly" ascribed to bishops and others.

                  Our bishop was here last month, and we had a talk about the
                  forthcoming Sobor, now in progress.

                • Ledkovsky, Nina
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 25, 2001
                    Catherine,
                    The church will be just fine. Trust our bishops, they know what they are
                    doing. Pray for them and pray for our church. This is what we are meant to
                    do.

                    Vladika Lavr is a humble, kind, intelligent and wonderful man who has the
                    best interests of all at heart. He will be an excellent Metropolitan.

                    S' Bogom,
                    Nina Ledkovsky

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 25, 2001
                      Absolutely- I though there was way too much talk and activity (such as Fr.
                      Joachim's move to the Patriarchate) PRIOR to this latest meeting. Now we will
                      see what happens.

                      =====
                      Catherine
                    • mwoerl@yahoo.com

> [...]