[orthodox-synod] CIA STATS ON SERBIA

  • Andreas ODell
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 1999
      Just some interesting stats I found about Serbia. Seems a little odd
      that the CIA keeps statistics on Serbia that show Orthodox and Serbs are
      the majority. Albeit they claim Albanian majority in Kosovo, overall the
      Albanians are (were) the minority.

      How things have changed with the propaganda machine.

      Just thought I would offer this as FYI.

      O anaxios,
      Andreas

      http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/sr.html

      Ethnic groups: Serbs 63%, Albanians 14%, Montenegrins 6%, Hungarians 4%,
      other 13%

      Religions: Orthodox 65%, Muslim 19%, Roman Catholic 4%, Protestant 1%,
      other 11%

      Languages: Serbo-Croatian 95%, Albanian 5%

      International Disputes: disputes with Bosnia and Herzegovina over Serbian
      populated areas; Albanian majority in Kosovo seeks independence from
      Serbian republic; Serbia and Montenegro is disputing Croatia's claim to
      the Prevlaka Peninsula in southern Croatia because it controls the
      entrance to Boka Kotorska in Montenegro; Prevlaka is currently under
      observation by the UN military observer mission in Prevlaka (UNMOP); the
      border commission formed by The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and
      Serbia and Montenegro in April 1996 to resolve differences in delineation
      of their mutual border has made no progress so far.