Re: Shameless Plug: ReadIRIS OCR

  • intrprtr@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2001
      Dear Fr. Alexander:

      At 01:27 PM 10-10-01 -0700, you wrote:

      >Just wanted to share with listmembers a fantastic multi-lingual OCR
      >program called ReadIRIS 7.0, which I just bought ($49.00 until Oct.
      >19--usually $149.00).

      Pray tell, just WHERE on the website did you find such a price? And WHERE
      is there any mention of a DATE of any kind? Certainly not on any of the
      site's pages that I was able to access....

      >{SNIP}
      > Not long
      > ago, a Russian OCR program that worked for Russian alone cost over $400,
      > with far fewer features.
      >
      >Anyway, for $49 you can't go wrong.

      Again, WHERE on the website did you find such a price?

      >To read about the product, you can go to:
      >
      ><http://www.irislink.com/opt/uk/products/readiris/pc/index.html>http://www.irislink.com/opt/uk/products/readiris/pc/index.html

      I did that...

      >But to order, use the following link, otherwise you'll have to pay $99.00.
      >
      ><http://shop.irislink.com/us/version.asp?catId=2>http://shop.irislink.com/us/version.asp?catId=2

      I did that, and they STILL charge $99.00 (that's NINETY-NINE dollars)....
      And that's the SALE price listed there.... There is NO mention anywhere,
      whatsoever, of a $49.00 price... I certainly would appreciate being
      provided with any information to the contrary, as one of the times that I
      attempted accessing the site today, they even wanted $153.00 for the
      programme in question....

      >{SNIP}

      --GeoS
    • Valentina Grigorieva
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2001
        --- intrprtr@... a écrit : >
        > Dear Fr. Alexander:
        > At 01:27 PM 10-10-01 -0700, you wrote:
        > >Just wanted to share with listmembers a fantastic
        > multi-lingual OCR
        > >program called ReadIRIS 7.0, which I just bought
        > ($49.00 until Oct.
        > >19--usually $149.00).
        >
        >>to order, use the following link, otherwise
        > you'll have to pay $99.00.
        >
        ><http://shop.irislink.com/us/version.asp?catId=2>http://shop.irislink.com/us/version.asp?catId=2
        >
        > I did that, and they STILL charge $99.00 (that's
        > NINETY-NINE dollars)....
        > And that's the SALE price listed there.... There is
        > NO mention anywhere,
        > whatsoever, of a $49.00 price... I certainly would
        > appreciate being
        > provided with any information to the contrary, as
        > one of the times that I
        > attempted accessing the site today, they even wanted
        > $153.00 for the
        > programme in question....
        >
        > >{SNIP}

        I tried also from France, and was proposed a special
        price of 153.69 euros (instead of 190 euros), which
        represent approx. 140 usd (instead of 180 usd).
        Sorry to have missed the sale of the day...
        Valentina by the Mediterranean Sea

        Un nouveau Nokia Game commence.
        Allez sur http://fr.yahoo.com/nokiagame avant le 3 novembre
        pour participer à cette aventure tous médias.