QUUESTION .- ST VICTORIA

  • Natascha Ostroumoff
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2001
      Hello!

      Does anybody know where can I fin the life of St. Victoria? Apaprently
      there are several of these saints and I would appreciate some information.

      Thanks a lot.

      Natasha Ostroumoff

      ostroumoff@...

      C1003ABO Buenos Aires, Argentina

      Tel. + (54 11) 4315 1470
      Fax + (54 11) 4315 1549
    • Igumeniya Iulianiya
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2001
        -Dear in Christ Natasha. I think and have known many
        russian people, with the name Victoria, they translate
        it into greek and name themselves NIKA= which means
        POBEDA. We have saint Nika-Victoria twice in the
        calendar. march the 10 with martyr Codrat,and april
        the 16-th. with martyr Leonid. Both are
        women-martyrs. We had a novice Nika in Mt. of Olives,
        she said, she was called by her parents Victoria, but
        whrn she went to be baptised sommewhere in Kiev, a
        young girl, the Starets told her she must be named
        from now on- NIKA- Victory. In arabic we say Naser. As
        also we say Glikeria in arabic Hilweh,(sweet) Feodor=
        Gift of God we say Atallah..etc and many others
        Feodul, Gods servant Abd-allah...Kalista-Gamile.

        S prazdnikom Pokrova Presv. Bogoroditsi
        s liuboviu vo Hriste Abbjuliana

        -- Natascha Ostroumoff

        http://personals.yahoo.com