Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Prayer Request

  • Theodora
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 30, 2001
      snip
      > I have also a prayer request for our parishioneer Maria, who
      > underwent surgery and chimiotherapy last year and told us today she
      > has to start again the whole chimiotherapy,
      > and for Olga from Omsk painfully dying from cancer.
      > Thank you for your prayers!
      snip

      The Lord be with them and unto them strength and mercy. They will be in my
      prayers. Please let me know how they are doing.

      love and peace
      Theodora in the mountains
    • tallscapes@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 2, 2001
        > Of your charity pray for the elderly Schema-nun Xenia
        > (in the world: Matiushka Mary Lambros) who was very
        > recently hospitalized. She has been a model of kindly
        > personal warmth and devotional fervor for many through
        > the years. Friends are staying be her side and it is hoped
        > she will be home just as quickly as she was admitted.
        >
        > Sinful, Peter Brandt-Sorheim

      • David Moser
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 13, 2002
          Please remember Hieromonk Averky in your prayers. He has a serious illness that
          has his doctors stumped - no one seems to really know what is causing the
          problem or agree on what the best course of treatment would be. He is facing
          some difficult and painful medical tests and possible surgery with long term
          intense followup. Please keep him in your prayers for his health and well
          being.

          Priest David Moser +++ moserd@...
          Boise, Idaho
        • Abuna1913@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 3, 2003
            Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very Reverend George
            Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all his family
            at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of any pain,
            and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his example of
            his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

            Yours in Christ

            Elias Harb

          • Timothy Tadros
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 4, 2003
              In'shallah tis la-mi
              Il'yat-na na hamna
              Rdr Timothy Tadros
              Give rest O Lord to soul of thy servant the Priest George

              Abuna1913@... wrote:

              Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very Reverend George
              Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all his family
              at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of any pain,
              and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his example of
              his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

              Yours in Christ

              Elias Harb

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • cjfile2000
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 4, 2003
                --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Timothy Tadros <tadros@a...>
                wrote:May God grant him blessed repose in the Paradise of Joy-With
                love in Christ,sinful John.
                > In'shallah tis la-mi
                > Il'yat-na na hamna
                > Rdr Timothy Tadros
                > Give rest O Lord to soul of thy servant the Priest George
                >
                > Abuna1913@a... wrote:
                >

                > Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very
                Reverend George
                > Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all
                his family
                > at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of
                any pain,
                > and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his
                example of
                > his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
                >

                > Yours in Christ
                >
                > Elias Harb

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Service.

              • Sandra Thompson
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 4, 2003
                  Memory Eternal

                  At 09:30 AM 11/4/2003 -0800, you wrote:
                  >In'shallah tis la-mi
                  > Il'yat-na na hamna
                  > Rdr Timothy Tadros
                  > Give rest O Lord to soul of thy servant the Priest George
                  >
                  >Abuna1913@... wrote:
                  >

                  >Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very Reverend George
                  >Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all his family
                  >at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of any pain,
                  >and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his example of
                  >his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
                  >

                  >Yours in Christ
                  >
                  >Elias Harb

                  >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • StephenATL/Στέφανος
                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 24, 2004
                    My Dear Brethren the Synod and ROCOR Lists,

                    Let us all on bended knee, with the tears of repentance of Great Lent
                    and the joy of Pascha in our hearts that gives us that «χαρμολύπη»
                    (harmolype) or «sorrowful-joy», let us pray for our beleaguered,
                    persecuted and suffering Orthodox brethren in Kosovo (and all of Serbia)
                    and in Palestine (and all suffering Orthodox Christians in the Middle
                    East), who cannot or will not be able to celebrate Great Week and Pascha
                    in peace and love as we are able. Let us pray for them with tears in
                    our hearts, that our God will help and comfort them.

                    in his Love,
                    Stephanos
                  • Stephen/Στέφανος
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 16, 2004
                      Dear All,

                      I ask all members of the lists, especially the clergy, to remember the
                      soul of the servant of God, Maria-Elisavet, my mother, who fell asleep
                      in the Lord on 25 June 2004. Her 40-day memorial will be August 4th.

                      Thank you,
                      Stephanos Upton
                    • Carol
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 3, 2007
                        Dear in Christ, Dawn Ann,

                        Please know that my prayers are with you, and your grandmother Rena, and mother Lynda. May God grant them, 'Many more Years.'

                        God does have this all in his hands, of course. I lost my Mom two yrs ago, and my grandma and Dad, much earlier. They have all passed over, to be with our Lord, so certainly I understand the stress these situations bring while we watch and take part in the struggles, loved ones go through.. The only thing that brings peace, is the prayer of Gods people, and our faith, in him. As you well know.

                        When this happens in our lives I always think of it, as knowing how the Theotokos must have felt when she saw her son, suffering, even though she knew it must be, as he chose to die for us, so we could have eternal life in him.

                        Anyway, will be praying, please do know this.

                        In Christ,

                        Katherine