Thank you Theodora is here

  • Theodora
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2001
      Bless Fathers, brothers and sisters in Christ:

      Fall has come to my mountains and with it a new gift ....I sit here at this
      machine with a pair of $10 "granny glasses" on the tip of my nose and I can
      see! How can I tell you of the overwhelming feeling to have recieved from
      all the kind wishes and prayers....thank you does not express what I feel.

      I had come to peace with the fact that I might not be able to sew or paint
      again and the Good Lord would send to me another way in which to serve Him
      and my little Parrish. So when I went to hospital I was calm and in trust
      in that what would be would be. It was so strange to sit there in the
      waiting room and watch the TV coverage of New York and see all the people
      waiting for surgery and knowing what terrible times we are in and how even
      so, life must go on. I remembered back to a day in which I was the one in
      hospital in the operating room helping in surgery on a very difficult case
      when a stir began and exploded in much nosie. What had happened???? Our
      President has been shot. But we had to go on and finish our job of saving
      the life on the table. Now I was the one waiting to be operated on and I
      knew that those who would take care of us in the waiting room were doing
      what I had once done....just before going into the operating room my doctor
      came in:

      "Can I say a pray?" he asked

      "Certainly, I have had prayers said both for me and you already" I replied
      in my very happy state ( I react greatly to Valium!!)

      So he took my hand and ask God to guide him in this surgery and use him to
      help all who he would operate on that day ( like we did on that other day so
      long ago)

      He finished and my husband , Reader Paul, said a pray also.

      As they had had me remove all items I had to take my cross off but had in my
      hand a little olive wood cross on a ten bead circle that fits over your
      finger in into your palm. This was given to me by a lovely lady in our
      Parrish who had gone to the Holy Land . "May I keep this in my hand?' I
      asked....yes I was told..and through out surgery prayed for all in need.

      It was difficult surgery mostly due to my reactions to medications and
      idione and being unable to laid flat because of bone problems . When it was
      over and I was checking out, my Doctor came in and said:

      "Tomorrow I will see you in my office and I would like to talk with you
      about Orthodoxy" I had filled out the forms that said if anything goes
      wrong call my Priest pronto!

      And we did talk the next day and he wants to talk more. I sent him a icon
      of another doctor who long ago served his Lord.
      I go back to see him today at 1:30

      So pray that I have the right words and that in all these difficult times
      and great sorrow, another seed is planted and that we all in love and
      compassion follow the words of Our Lord and remember to sing this song of
      David:

      The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
      He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still
      waters.
      He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His
      name's sake.
      Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no
      evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
      Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine ememies: Thou
      anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
      Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I
      shall dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

      Tomorrow is the Exaltation of the Cross...the Cross, our rod and staff and
      protection ....may we all turn our hearts and minds and words and souls to
      He who lives and is our Lord...give us the stength to pray first and speak
      quietly and in love following our Faith and doing His will.

      May God bless you all and forgive the error in this post...He restored my
      eyes but I still can't spell or type.

      Theodora in the mountains that I can once again see. Glory to Father and
      the Son and the Holy Spirit