Re: Fw: [orthodox-synod] Admiration, a pledge and a resolution for your consideration

  • nina_ledkovsky@deutschinc.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2001
      In respnse to your post:

      You wrote:
      "Many of them were not Americans."

      True...but MOST were Americans, as I am an American. And I, as an
      American, support MY president (whom I proudly voted for)and MY
      government in the actions that must be taken to guarantee the
      security of America and her people.

      Perhaps you have not read the letter from Bishop Gabriel to Mayor
      Guilianni. In it, he writes, "our prayers are with you and those
      whose duty it is to investigate this outrage and tragedy, that the
      Most High may impart wisdom, skill and knowledge to you all..."

      I agree with my Bishop and I agree with my president. I will pray for
      all those killed and missing and all those suffering as an Orthodox
      person AND as an American citizen - just as we did in a special
      moleben at Synod on 93rd Street yesterday immediately follwing the
      Divine Liturgy - we had a service for "Protection from the Most
      Blessed Theotokos against Barbarians". it was fitting and appropriate
      and absolutely the right thing to do.

      You wrote:
      "Let us mourn and pray as orthodox first,.."

      That's exactly what we did here in NYC. and what we shall continue to
      do.
      "..not as American citizens, if we happen to have the problem of
      being one."

      AMERICA:
      LOVE IT - OR LEAVE IT

      Respectfully,
      Nina Ledkovsky
      New York, NY

      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "Vladimir Kozyreff"
      <vladimir.kozyreff@s...> wrote:

> [...]
      Russia,
      > it
      > > is the champion of apostasy. An orthodox cannot be the "obedient
      servant"
      > of
      > > the President of the US.
      > >
      > > As far as the relationship with the US as a apostasy organisation
      (which
      > is
      > > mason, anti orthodox, materialistic and violent), with its
      President, and
      > > its government, the orthodox should adopt a low profile.
      Orthodoxy is, in
      > > principle, in conflict with the US as an institution. Of course,
      out of
      > > compassion and for the sake of not shocking the average US
      citizen, we
      > > should not attract people's attention to our differences with the
      US as
      > > such, especially that country is hosting us. Let us mourn and
      pray as
      > > orthodox first, not as American citizens, if we happen to have
      the problem
      > > of being one.
      > >
      > > Never say to a politician: "I was thrilled that you put
      principles above
      > > politics, and from that time, I have watched you with growing
      admiration".
      > > Mr. Bush is a politician. Politicians always do politic. Before
      everything
      > > became clear, illustrious people (even Churchill) used to say to
      Hitler
      > what
      > > you say now to Bush. Never admire a politician.
      > >
      > > Can we please stop to use this site to convey messages to or from
      > > politicians, especially US politicians? I understand you look for
      some
      > > person that symbolises a nation of which you feel being a part.
      Do not see
      > > the people who have suffered and who have died as Americans, but
      as
      > people,
      > > as children of God. Many of them were not Americans.
      > >
      > > Yours in Christ,
      > >
      > > VK

      San
      > > > Francisco was hijacked and
      > > >
      > > > Whereas the intent of the hijackers was to crash the airliner
      into a
      > > > building in Washington, DC and
      > > >
      > > > Whereas the passengers and flight attendants became aware of
      the plans
      > > > of the hijackers and
      > > >
      > > > Whereas the passengers and flight attendants became aware of the
      > > > attacks on the World Trade Center and
      > > >
      > > > Whereas the passengers and flight attendants along with members
      of the
      > > > flight crew voted among themselves to resist the hijackers and
      if
      > > > necessary to crash their airplane into an uninhabited area as
      possible
      > > > and
      > > >
      > > > Whereas flight 93 did, in fact, crash into an uninhabited area
      killing
      > > > all the passengers, members of the flight crew and the
      hijackers but
      > > > with no injury or death to civilians on the ground and
      > > >
      > > > Whereas the action of the passengers and members of the flight
      crew
      > > > (with the exception of those identified as hijackers) displayed
      > > > unprecedented bravery, patriotism and heroics
      > > >
      > > > THEREFORE be it resolved that all identified passengers and
      flight
      > > > crew of United flight 93 (with the exception of those
      identified as
      > > > hijackers) be awarded posthumously the Congressional Medals of
      Honor