Fw: [orthodox-synod] FW: National Day of Prayer and Remembrance for the Victims of the Terrorist Attacks - 9/14

  • Vladimir Kozyreff
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16 2:54 PM
      From: "Vladimir Kozyreff" <vladimir.kozyreff@...>
      To: <orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com>; <Irene.GOOSSENS@...>; "Pierre
      Kotschoubey" <wamc8783@...>; "André Sturza" <sturza@...>
      Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 6:57 PM
      Subject: Re: [orthodox-synod] FW: National Day of Prayer and Remembrance for
      the Victims of the Terrorist Attacks - 9/14

      > I would like to make the following remarks:
      >
      > I will pray for the dead ones, for their relatives and friends. I cry for
      > those who sent last messages on their cellular phones to their beloved
      ones.
      > I cry for all those who died in complete solitude and in atrocious
      > suffering. I am utterly shocked by what happened and I do hope that this
      > will never happen again. I do think that it is a worthy project to try to
      > unite against terrorism, to protect, not to "punish". We should also unite
      > against the terrorism that is exerted by the US.
      >
      > The evil on earth comes from our sins. Let us not overlook what the US as
      an
      > institution did wrong in terms of compassion to people and faith to God. I
      > think this orthodox site is no suitable place to relay messages from the
      > President of the United States. Especially when he gives direction to our
      > Church as to when and how she should mourn the dead. This ecumenism is
      even
      > worse than that of Rome. It is directed by a temporal, mason, anti
      orthodox
      > power. Our Church has no directions to receive from that President.
      >
      > Let us not forget that our Church is in essential disagreement with the
      > government and the constitution of the United States. As a country, the US
      > is founded on apostasy, protestantism, judaism, humanistic and mason
      values.
      > It is committed to establish the New World Order, to establish the cult of
      > the golden calf, and to destroy orthodoxy. We can see it in Serbia,
      Kosovo,

      <ORTHODOX@...>;
      <poynterd@...>;
      > "'Father Peter (E-mail)'" <FADAPITA@...>; "'Father Richard (E-mail)'"
      > <frrichard@...>; "'Herman Marc Blaydoe (E-mail)'"
      > <Blaydoe_Marc@...>; "'Jan Arrington (E-mail)'" <janarrington@...>;
      > "'Jerry Solak (E-mail)'" <jerry@...>; "'Meg Laughlin (E-mail)'"
      > <mlaughlin@...>; "'Peter SanFilippo (E-mail)'"
      > <petersan@...>; "'Protestant (E-mail)'" <WEBevangel@...>;
      > "'Sheri Voci (E-mail)'" <Sharon.Voci@...>; "'Sofia Kostos
      > (E-mail)'" <Zoiritsa@...>; "Hesser, Mary Lou" <MHesser@...>;
      > "Nawn, Nancy A" <NANawn@...>; "Klemets, Yvonne"
      > <YKlemets@...>; <mary_pa19@...>; <cford10@...>;
      > <charlottef@...>; <frtmcgill@...>
      > Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 11:01 PM
      > Subject: [orthodox-synod] FW: National Day of Prayer and Remembrance for
      the
      > Victims of the Terrorist Attacks - 9/14
      >

      > > FYI!!

      United
      > > States of
      > > America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the
      > > Constitution and
      > > laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Friday,
      > > September 14, 2001,
      > > as a National Day of Prayer and Remembrance for the
      > Victims
      > > of the
      > > Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001. I ask that the
      > > people of the
      > > United States and places of worship mark this National
      Day
      > > of Prayer and
      > > Remembrance with noontime memorial services, the ringing
      > of
      > > bells at that
      > > hour, and evening candlelight remembrance vigils. I
      > > encourage employers
      > > to permit their workers time off during the lunch hour
      > > attend the noontime services to
      > > pray for our land. I invite the people of the world who
      > > share our grief to
      > > join us in these solemn observances.
      > >

      > > IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this
      > > thirteenth day of
      > > September, in the year of our Lord two thousand one, and
      > of
      > > the
      > > Independence of the United States of America the two
      > hundred
      > > and
      > > twenty-sixth.
      > >

      > > GEORGE W. BUSH "

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Sergey Olhovsky
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17 8:12 AM
        Your essay begs the following question:

        Why does the orthodox church pray for the leaders, armed forces, etc. in its
        litanies? Depending on what country you pray - we continue to commerate
        Bush, Putin and most leaders of NATO.

        As ar Russian Orthodox US citizen (born in the US) of Byelorussian immigrant
        refugees of WWII, I need to remind you that when Stalin was murdering
        millions of orthodox - the US and other contries ultimately offered a safe
        haven to many orthodox refuges who in turn were able to preserve that which
        the atheistic soviet regime almost destroyed. In the process, orthodox
        churches we established all around the world.

        For those who can read Russian I urge you to read Metropolitan's epistle
        in the most recent "Pravoslanaya Zhizn (Orthodox Life)" August 2001 - pp 3-7
        regarding the orthodox christians mission in the western world.

        Sergey Olhovsky