Moleiben after Terrorist Attack/Service at the end of Liturgy on Sunday

  • Michael M. Ossorgin
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2001
      Dear List,

      Brother Isaac sent the following message to me as he was headed for vigil:

      >I've gone over everything with Vladyka, and attached is what we'll be doing
      >at Synod tomorrow. You might want to put it out for others to use.

      I took his service and completed some abbreviations for ease of use and
      updated it to Word 2001 since Word 6 comes to me in a rough form from Isaac.

      My references to SJOKP are book and page numbers for those who want the
      music for reader Isaac's translations and Timothy Clader's settings in the
      St. John of Kronstadt Press series.

      I hope this reaches many of you in time for the Liturgy. Any errors are
      most likely mine, but this needs to get out as it ties in well to the end of
      the liturgy.

      Hopefully, Father Seraphim (Father, bless) will be able to change this to a
      PDF file or whatever for those who cannot receive a word document. Isaac's
      font usage is New York.

      Isaac, who will be celebrating 25 years of service to SYNOD on November 4/
      October 22) has worked quickly and steadily to help us all with this
      service. We all are very grateful, thanks Isaac!

      In Christ, Michael Ossorgin, subdeacon

    • Priest Seraphim Holland
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2001
        http://www.orthodox.net/services/moleban-after-an-attack.pdf

        Service of Supplication After the Terrorist Attack on our Country -
        PDF

        THIS SERVICE WAS FIRST CELEBRATED IN THE SYNODAL CATHEDRAL OF THE
        MOTHER OF GOD OF THE SIGN ON THE SUNDAY FOLLOWING THE TERRORIST
        ATTACK ON NEW YORK AND WASHINGTON DC, 2001.

        http://www.orthodox.net/services/moleban-after-an-attack.rtf

        Service of Supplication After the Terrorist Attack on our Country -
        RTF

        Many years, and sincere thanks Isaac!

        Also online (From OCA version because I wanted to use the prayers
        TODAY:

        http://www.orthodox.net/services/service-for-the-increase-of-love-and-
        the-uprooting-of-hatred-and-all-animosity.pdf

        http://www.orthodox.net/services/service-for-the-increase-of-love-and-
        the-uprooting-of-hatred-and-all-animosity.rtf

        http://www.orthodox.net/services/service-for-the-increase-of-love-and-
        the-uprooting-of-hatred-and-all-animosity.htm

        A SERVICE FOR THE INCREASE OF LOVE AND THE UPROOTING OF HATRED AND
        ALL ANIMOSITY.

        > Dear List,
        >
        > Brother Isaac sent the following message to me as he was headed for vigil:
        >
        > >I've gone over everything with Vladyka, and attached is what we'll be doing
        > >at Synod tomorrow. You might want to put it out for others to use.
        >
        > I took his service and completed some abbreviations for ease of use and
        > updated it to Word 2001 since Word 6 comes to me in a rough form from Isaac.
        >
        > My references to SJOKP are book and page numbers for those who want the
        > music for reader Isaac's translations and Timothy Clader's settings in the
        > St. John of Kronstadt Press series.
        >
        > I hope this reaches many of you in time for the Liturgy. Any errors are
        > most likely mine, but this needs to get out as it ties in well to the end of
        > the liturgy.
        >
        > Hopefully, Father Seraphim (Father, bless) will be able to change this to a
        > PDF file or whatever for those who cannot receive a word document. Isaac's
        > font usage is New York.
        >
        > Isaac, who will be celebrating 25 years of service to SYNOD on November 4/
        > October 22) has worked quickly and steadily to help us all with this
        > service. We all are very grateful, thanks Isaac!
        >
        > In Christ, Michael Ossorgin, subdeacon

        Priest Seraphim Holland St Nicholas Orthodox Church, Dallas, Texas, USA
        seraphim@... Ph:972/529-2754 MOBILE & VOICE MAIL 214 336-3464
        FAX: 603/908-2408 Home Address: 2102 Summit, McKinney, TX 75070, USA
        WEBMASTER FOR: St Nicholas Home Page - http://www.orthodox.net
        Official ROCOR Page - http://www.rocor.org
        10 questions (many subjects) http://www.orthodox.net/questions
        Thoughts on the Sunday gospels http://www.orthodox.net/sermons