For Consideration

  • Dr. Elizabeth W. Riggs
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2001
      Dear Listmates,

      I offer the following for your consideration. If you agree with it,
      please send it to your senators and representative.

      = = = = =

      Dear Senator / Representative:

      Whereas on September 11, 2001 United Flight 93 from Newark to San
      Francisco was hijacked and
      Whereas the intent of the hijackers was to crash the airliner into a
      building in Washington, DC and
      Whereas the passengers and flight attendants became aware of the
      plans of the hijackers and
      Whereas the passengers and flight attendants became aware of the
      attacks on the World Trade Center and
      Whereas the passengers and flight attendants along with members of
      the flight crew voted among themselves to resist the hijackers and if
      necessary to crash their airplane into an uninhabited area as
      possible and
      Whereas flight 93 did, in fact, crash into an uninhabited area
      killing all the passengers, members of the flight crew and the
      hijackers but with no injury or death to civilians on the ground and
      Whereas the action of the passengers and members of the flight crew
      (with the exception of those identified as hijackers) displayed
      unprecedented bravery, patriotism and heroics
      THEREFORE be it resolved that all identified passengers and flight
      crew of United flight 93 (with the exception of those identified as
      hijackers) be awarded posthumously the Congressional Medals of Honor
      for their valor AND that said Medals be presented in a public
      ceremony to the closest surviving family member AND
      that at said public ceremony the President, Cabinet and Members of
      Congress express to the nation and to the surviving family members
      the pride and gratitude of the nation at their heroic and patriotic
      actions.

      = = = = =

      Yours in Christ,
      Elizabeth Riggs, a sinner
      and Perennial Student
      http://www.angelfire.com/ga/riggs/index.html
      Our Lady, the Joy of All Who Sorrow Church (ROCOR)
      Cumming, GA USA (Atlanta, GA area)
      http://www.churchabroad.org
      Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever!