Letter from Bishop Gabriel to MAYOR RUDOLPH GIULIANI

  • Priest Seraphim Holland
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13 1:22 PM
      http://www.rocor.org
      TO THE HONORABLE RUDOLPH GIULIANI, MAYOR OF THE CITY OF NEW YORK
      On behalf of His Eminence, the Most Reverend Metropolitan Vitaly,
      Archbishop of Eastern America and New York, the Primate of our
      Church, of His Grace, the Right Reverend Laurus, Archbishop of
      Syracuse, the Deputy Primate, and of the entire Synod of Bishops of
      the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, I would like to
      express to you, and through you to all the people of our great city,
      our sincere condolences over the loss of so many lives, among them
      scores of police officers, fire fighters and emergency medical
      personnel, who laid down their lives for their neighbors, in the
      dedicated performance of their duties.
      The Synod of Bishops would like you to know that we condemn without
      qualification the cowardly terrorist suicide attacks to which we have
      been subjected, and call upon Almighty God to reveal His displeasure
      upon those who commit and advocate such barbarous acts.
      During these trying times, as the true magnitude of our loss becomes
      clearer, our prayers are with you and those whose duty it is to
      investigate this outrage and tragedy, that the Most High may impart
      wisdom, skill and knowledge to you all, that peace may be restored to
      our city and country, and tranquility of heart to those who have been
      traumatized so brutally by our faceless foes.
      With fervent supplications that God will grant you the strength you
      need to see you through these troubled hours, I have the honor to be
      Your Honor's sincere well-wisher,
      Gabriel, Bishop of Manhattan

      Priest Seraphim Holland St Nicholas Orthodox Church, Dallas, Texas, USA
      seraphim@... Ph:972/529-2754 MOBILE & VOICE MAIL 214 336-3464
      FAX: 603/908-2408 Home Address: 2102 Summit, McKinney, TX 75070, USA
      WEBMASTER FOR: St Nicholas Home Page - http://www.orthodox.net
      Official ROCOR Page - http://www.rocor.org
      10 questions (many subjects) http://www.orthodox.net/questions
      Thoughts on the Sunday gospels http://www.orthodox.net/sermons