Prayer - World Trade Center Attack

  • Ivanovic, Kathrin P
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2001
      By now all of you must have heard about the devastating attack on the World
      Trade Center in New York. I thought I would offer a prayer for the victims
      and the perpetrators of the attack. Many of you (me included) probably have
      friends, family or colleagues who work in or around the World Trade Center.
      I pray for their safety. Sitting here....all I can say is LORD HAVE MERCY ON
      ALL OF US!!!
      In Christ,
      Kathrin
      O Father, today the evil in the world has confronted us. In Your wisdom and
      compassion, we pray you send comfort to those afflicted by the horror that
      occurred in the high towers of that great city. Send Your strengthening
      spirit to the families and friends, and to those who are struggling to
      rescue all they can from this awful situation. Lord, be with us all on this
      tragic day. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen
      *************************
      PRAYER TO THE GUARDIAN ANGEL
      O angel of God, my holy guardian, given to me from heaven, enlighten me this
      day, and save me from all evil. Instruct me in doing good deeds, and set me
      on the path of salvation. Amen.
      O angel of Christ, holy guardian and protector of my soul and body, forgive
      me everything wherein I have offended you every day of my life, and protect
      me from all influence and temptation of the Evil One. May I never again
      anger God by my sins. Pray for me to the Lord, that He may make me worthy of
      the grace of the All-Holy Trinity, and of the blessed Mother of God, and of
      all the saints. Amen.
      PRAYER FOR ENEMIES
      Lord Jesus Christ, Who didst command us to love our enemies, and those who
      defame and injure us, and to pray for them and forgive them; Who Thyself
      didst pray for Thine enemies, who crucified thee: grant us, we pray, the
      spirit of Christian reconciliation and meekness, that we may heartily
      forgive every injury and be reconciled with our enemies. Grant us to
      overcome the malevolence and offences of people with Christian meekness and
      true love of our neighbor. We further beseech Thee, O Lord, to grant to our
      enemies true peace and forgiveness of sins; and do not allow them to leave
      this life without true faith and sincere conversion. And help us repay evil
      with goodness, and to remain safe from the temptations of the devil and from
      all the perils which threaten us, in the form of visible and invisible
      enemies. Amen.