Southern Missions Conference -- Asheville, NC

  • orthodixie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2001
      The parishioners of St Nicholas the Wonderworker, Fletcher, NC, hope that you
      and yours will join us for this year's conference in the mountains of Western
      North Carolina, near Asheville, November 9-11.

      THEME: "Orthodoxy & the Religion of the Future." Keynote address, "The
      Royal Path." Also, a panel discussion of Ecumenism & a presentation of
      papers on the writings of Hieromonk Seraphim Rose.

      DEADLINE: As this year's conference is being held at a Retreat Center, it is
      important for us to receive registrations in a timely fashion so as to make
      proper transportation, room & meal preparations. Registrations are due
      October 1st.
      Your prompt cooperation is a great help!

      SPEAKERS: Vladika Gabriel shall preside and deliver the opening address. We
      have a slate of speakers and panel participants, some who knew Fr Seraphim
      personally: Fr Alexey Young, Mary Mansur ("Orthodox America"), Daniel Olson
      and others! Fr David Moser will lead the Teen Workshops; Sister Maria will
      speak on our communities in the Holy Land; the panel discussing Ecumenism
      will include, among others, Patrick Barnes, the author of "The Non-Orthodox:
      The Orthodox Teaching on Christians Outside of the Church" & owner of the
      Orthodox Christian Information Center website.

      COST: Other than a slight increase ($25) on the general registration, we've
      kept the cost the same as in the past few years. The DOUBLE rate of $175
      includes registration, room, board, and transportation; as does the SINGLE
      rate at $225. Both the DBL & SGL rates are comparable to the combined hotel,
      conference & travel costs in years past.

      NEW THIS YEAR!
      Teen programming: $125 includes room, board, conference.
      Childcare: Ages 1 -12 = $25 each.

      There are also Commuter rates and other pricing plans available with
      information at the link listed below.

      Thanks to all who've registered thus far. We look forward to having y'all
      here in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina this fall!

      Prayers coveted.

      in Christ,

      Fr Joseph Huneycutt
      St Nicholas Church (ROCOR)
      Fletcher, NC
      <A HREF="http://orthodoxinfo.com/general/missionconf_overview.htm">ROCOR
      Southern Missions Conference 2001 -- Overview</A>
    • Fr. Gregory Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2001
        Christ is in our midst!

        We'll be there, Father, I can't possibly know at this moment how
        many. 4-10 from Haiti, Matushka and I, perhaps as many as a
        half-dozen from the parish, but perhaps none. 4AM departure makes me
        short of words... and time to finish what must be and hope for at
        least a few hours' sleep. Please keep me in your prayers! Back 28th
        or so.
        --
        --Fr. Gregory Williams

        1180 Orthodox Way
        Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA

        Phone: (615) 536-5239
        FAX: (615) 536-5945
        E-mail: frgregory@...
      • orthodixie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 25, 2001
          Forgive the Spam but, in light of recent events, here's some answers to
          recently asked questions:

          1) YES, the Conference is still on -- and, it's obvious that many folks are
          using the airlines.

          2) YES, we do accept Master Card/Visa registrations -- just include
          pertinent information on your registration form (CC#, exp date, signature,
          etc). Credit Card registrations may also be Faxed: 828-681-8037.

          3) Currently, we have 70 confirmed participants. There's still plenty of
          room! There will be programming for youth of all ages. Teens are especially
          encouraged to participate!

          4) CLERGY CONFERENCE for all priests & deacons of the Southern Deanery will
          commence on the heels of the Missions Conference. All Rectors of the SD
          should have received registration forms -- if not, please contact me as soon
          as possible.

          [Previously posted "commercial" following sig line.]

          Prayers coveted.

          in Christ,

          Fr Joseph Huneycutt
          St Nicholas Church (ROCOR)
          Fletcher, NC
          <A HREF="http://orthodoxinfo.com/general/missionconf_overview.htm">ROCOR
          Southern Missions Conference 2001 -- Overview</A>

          THEME: "Orthodoxy & the Religion of the Future." Keynote address, "The
          Royal Path." Also, a panel discussion of Ecumenism & a presentation of
          papers on the writings of Hieromonk Seraphim Rose.

          DEADLINE: As this year's conference is being held at a Retreat Center, it is
          important for us to receive registrations in a timely fashion so as to make
          proper transportation, room & meal preparations. Registrations are due
          October 1st.
          Your prompt cooperation is a great help!

          SPEAKERS: The Right Rev'd Bishop Gabriel shall preside and deliver the
          opening address. We have a slate of speakers and panel participants, some
          who knew Father Seraphim personally: Fr Alexey Young, Mary Mansur ("Orthodox
          America"), Daniel Olson and others! Fr David Moser will lead the Teen
          Workshops; Sister Maria (Stephanopolous) will speak on our communities in the