Church roof fire

  • matanna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2001
      Yesterday, at 2:10 p.m., the highest cupola of St. Nicholas Church in
      Stratford, CT was struck by lightning. The roof under the cupola caught fire,
      as did several of the roof beams. The quick thinking and speedy reaction of
      the firefighters minimized the damage -- they took all the icons, banners and
      candle stands out of the temple -- but we don't know how extensive the damage
      is or when we will be able to begin repairs, nor when we can have services
      again.

      Fr. Andrei Semyanko and the Presentation of our Lord in the Temple parish in
      Stratford have kindly invited us to pray with them this Sunday, and we hope
      to see all St. Nicholas parishioners there.

      We ask your prayers during this difficult time.

      In Christ,
      Fr. George and Matushka Ann Lardas
    • Sandra Thompson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 2001