Church roof fire
- Yesterday, at 2:10 p.m., the highest cupola of St. Nicholas Church in
Stratford, CT was struck by lightning. The roof under the cupola caught fire,
as did several of the roof beams. The quick thinking and speedy reaction of
the firefighters minimized the damage -- they took all the icons, banners and
candle stands out of the temple -- but we don't know how extensive the damage
is or when we will be able to begin repairs, nor when we can have services
Fr. Andrei Semyanko and the Presentation of our Lord in the Temple parish in
Stratford have kindly invited us to pray with them this Sunday, and we hope
to see all St. Nicholas parishioners there.
We ask your prayers during this difficult time.
Fr. George and Matushka Ann Lardas