Re: ROCOR should not alllow itself to be subsumed by the Moscow Patriarchate

  • johnm.qualls@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2001
      Dear Vladimir,

      Thanks for your comments. 25 years ago the views I expressed below
      were shared by most people in ROCOR. Today I am not so sure, though
      most people I talk with agree with me. Unity of the church is a
      wonderful objective but we must not compromise the faith handed down
      by our orthodox fathers. The retirement of Alexei II and his KGB
      appointed bishops would go a long way toward achieving the goal of
      reuniting the church.

      In Christ our Lord,

      Rdr John

      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "Vladimir Kozyreff"
      <vladimir.kozyreff@s...> wrote:
      > Dear John,
      >
      > Please be adviced that this is not only your personal opinion, but
      also
      > exactly mine and that of my friends. Let us pray God to help us
      proclaiming
      > all that you say in your beautiful communication.
      >
      > Yours in Crist,
      >
      > VK

      KGB
      > > during the 60's -80's.
      > >
      > > These men (MP bishops) have no moral authority. Our Savior
      said, "Ye
      > > cannot serve God and mammon" (Mat6:24). The are corrupt and have
      > > decided to serve mammon. They have surrendered to the
      > > pursuit of worldly goods through black market sales of tobacco,
      vodka
      > > and who knows what else. We have all heard stories of how they
      > > plundered Holy Mount Athos. They bowed down to the evil soviet
      > > empire. An empire that murdered Orthodox christians for their
      faith,
      > > enslaved men, sent millions to the gulag, and executed its own
      > > repatriated POWs after WWII. These men are grasping after worldly
      > > power and they want to swallow us to justify their own betrayal of
      > > the Orthodox faith.
      > >
      > > Our hierarchs (ROCOR) say that they are not rushing to embrace the
      > > MP. Indeed, how could we serve false bishops? Yet the record is
      > > clear that many ROCOR hierarchs in the past
      > > have stated that the MP is a false church; yet there are those on
      > > this list and in ROCOR who wish to sweep this all of this under
      the
      > > rug and say
      > > this was only a personal opinion. We must not embrace the MP on
      > > thier terms because to so would be a betrayal of the countless
      > > martyrs for the faith whom we have already glorified.
      > >
      > > We, ROCOR, have moral and spiritual authority which the MP covets.
      > > We
      > > must exert that authority to encourage them to renounce sergianism
      > > and retire their KGB bishops. Only then should we participate as
      > > members in an all russian sobor and elect a real patriarch of
      Moscow.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/