Re: [orthodox-synod] enlighten me?

  • Michael M. Ossorgin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2001
      on 7/26/01 3:46 PM, Jmbortho@... at Jmbortho@... wrote:

      > Please,
      > I've heard that Bishop Kyrill has retired.
      > Can anyone enlighten me?
      > This has nothing to do with being curious.
      > James Buchfuehrer

      Dear James,

      He could not have retired own his own. There is talk that Bishop Ambrose,
      because of severe diabetes, will submit his resignation at the Sobor in
      October. Any bishop has to submit his resignation at a Sobor and receive
      approval from the Synod of Bishops. Bishop Kyrill did not submit at the
      last meeting and I would find it hard to imagine that he will make this
      request in October as he loves being bishop of San Francisco.

      In Christ, Michael