Two Prophecies, By Bishop Feofan Of Poltava, Concerning Russia's Future

  • intrprtr@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2001
      TWO PROPHECIES, BY BISHOP FEOFAN OF POLTAVA, CONCERNING RUSSIA'S FUTURE

      PROPHECY ONE:

      Oh, Russia, Russia! How terribly has she sinned before the loving-kindness
      of the Lord. The Lord God favoured Russia, and He gave her that which He
      had not given to a single other nation on earth. And this nation turned
      out to be so ungrateful. She left Him; she rejected Him; and it is
      therefore that the Lord has given her over to be tormented by devils. The
      devils took up their residence in the souls of men, and the nation of
      Russia became possessed; literally, devil-ridden. And all the terrible
      things that we hear about what went on -- and what continues to go on -- in
      Russia: all the sacrilege, all the militant atheism and theomachy, -- all
      of this stems from her being possessed by devils. But, through the
      inexpressible mercy of God, this possession will pass and the nation will
      be healed. The nation will turn to repentance; to faith. That will occur,
      which none expects. Russia will be resurrected from the dead, and the
      entire world will be astonished. Orthodoxy in her will be reborn and
      triumph. But that Orthodoxy which had existed formerly will be no
      more. The great startsy have said that Russia will be reborn; that the
      people themselves will restore the Orthodox Monarchy. A mighty Tsar’ will
      be placed upon the Throne by God Himself. He will be a great reformer, and
      he will be strong in the Orthodox faith. He will cast down the unfaithful
      hierarchs of the Church. He himself will be an outstanding personality,
      with a pure and holy soul. He will possess a strong will. He will be of
      the Romanov Dynasty, through the maternal line. He will be God’s Chosen
      One, obedient to the Lord in all things. He will transform Siberia. But
      this Russia will exist only for a very short time. Soon thereafter will
      come to pass that of which the Apostle John speaks in his “Apocalypse.”

      PROPHECY TWO:

      What I say, I do not say on my own authority. But, rather, it is that
      which I heard from divinely-inspired startsy; that is what I have
      conveyed. The Lord will show His mercy to Russia, for the sake of the
      small number of true believers remaining in her. In Russia, the startsy
      used to say, through the will of the people, the Monarchy and Autocratic
      rule will be restored. The Lord has forechosen the future Tsar’. He will
      be a man of burning faith, of brilliant mind and of iron will. First of
      all, he will bring about order in the Orthodox Church, by removing all the
      false, heresy-preaching and lukewarm hierarchs. And very many indeed --
      almost all, with few exceptions -- will be those removed by him; while new
      ones, true and steadfast hierarchs, will take their place. Through the
      female line, he will be from the lineage of the Romanovs. Russia will be a
      mighty state, but only for “a short time.”… After that, the antichrist
      will come into the world, with all the horrors of the end, as described in
      the Apocalypse.

      Translated from the Russian text into English by G.
      Spruksts. English-language translation copyright (c) 2001 by The St.
      Stefan Of Perm' Guild, The Russian Cultural Heritage Society, and the
      Translator. All rights reserved.

      -- GeoS

      "Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture!"
      saith the Lord. Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the
      pastors that feed my people: "Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them
      away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of
      your doings," saith the Lord. "And I will gather the remnant of my flock
      out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again
      to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. And I will set up
      shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor
      be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking," saith the Lord. (Jer 23:1-4)

      "The Russian Church Abroad will remain faithful to her calling to be the
      bastion of Orthodoxy in the Russian Diaspora throughout the entire time of
      her existence." -- Protopriest Mikhail Pomazanksii

      "I do not believe in the evolution of the Moscow Patriarchate, because
      everything that comes from there will be coming from a contaminated
      source." -- P. Budzilovich