Rumours of Retirement

  • frandrew@telusplanet.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13 3:21 PM
      Well what an interesting week!
      Today I recieved very many phone calls and e-mails asking about the rumour of the Metropolitan being retired well here is the latest...!

      I just received the call I was waiting for from New York. Here is the story. Archbishop Hilarion apparently leaked it out last night that the
      metropolitan as going to be retired. Then this late morning both Archbishop Larus and Bishop Michael came to the Metropolitan's chambers to try
      and convince him to retire. He refused saying that "there was no suitable candidate at this point." Then a little later he was in the council chambers
      with all the other bishops who where trying to convince him to retire... Well he just came out about thirty minutes ago (6:00 P.M. approx.) and he
      has not retired and will not at least until the next sobor in October. So we are safe until then! Please pass this onto all the lists where these silly
      rumors where posted!

      Fr. Andrew Kencis

      P.S. maybe now Bishop Gabriel will give the metropolitan his full "petty cash allotment" that he cut back last week and the Metropolitan's cellphone
      and cable access. The Metropolitan's antimens where already put back friday on the downstairs church... for some reason Archbishop lavra's where
      found on the Altar.

      Forgive me brothers all we want is to work on our salvation in peace without all this turmoil and temptation to be a part of "worldly orthodoxy"