Re: Confirmation of Vladika Varnava's visit to Canada

  • Michael M. Ossorgin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
      From:  "Michael M. Ossorgin" <mm@o...>
      Date:  Fri Jul 6, 2001  1:42 am
      Subject:  Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Confirmation of Vladika Varnava's visit
      to Canada

      Dear Reader John,

      I reloaded Outlook, so hopefully it will put drafts where they belong and
      not post them. If this is a repeat, I apologize. The final draft:

      on 7/5/01 7:46 AM, thealeut@y... at thealeut@y... wrote:

      >I"m sorry for upsetting you and for that I apologize.

      I also should apologize. It is difficult to know withstand any lack of
      respect aimed at Bishop Gabriel without any basis in fact.

      Here is the bottom line: Metropolitan Vitaly did not author or dictate the
      letter by his own admission. The text of the letter was presented to him to
      sign, which he did. It was never stated that Vladika Varnava wrote the
      letter, but that he was present in Mansonville when the letter was signed.
      We presume that further information will be forthcoming at the next session
      of the synod which begins on July 10th. I ask for your patience and
      understanding. It's authorship is still uncertain.

      If you do not believe that Vladika Gabriel provided the information for my
      212-722-6577.

      I have given you direct information with direct sources. There are all sorts
      of theories as to the letter originating in Russia, going to France and then
      Canada. Please oblige me with your direct first hand connection. I may be
      hard on you, but you are embittered with the Church Abroad and your interest
      is unclear. Enlighten me. Thanks!

      In Christ, Michael, subdeacon