Re: [orthodox-synod] RE: Met. Vitaly and the debate of who wrote what

  • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
      Regarding:

      >I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
      >called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his letter
      >and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is. Also, I asked
      >about state of health of Metropolitan Vitaly and he
      >told me that he is completely in his mind but
      >considering his age getting tiered quite often.
      >I do believe that person more then other clergy rumors
      >mongers on a e-mail forums.
      > Best wishes, Subdeacon Kirill

      I believe all rumors about Metropolitan Vitaly's supposedly fragile mental
      state of mind are easy to dispell, since it has now been demonstrated that,
      at age 91, he has been able to master the complexities of the New
      Orthography and spelling of the Russian language, after having written
      exclusively in the Old Orthography all his life.

      With love in Christ,

      Prot. Alexander Lebedeff
    • Kiril Bart
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
        Your very thin irony doesn't have any relevance in
        that matter.
        Regards, Subdeacon Kirill
        --- "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...>
        wrote:
        > Regarding:
        >

        > >I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
        > >called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his
        > letter
        > >and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is. Also, I
        > asked
        > >about state of health of Metropolitan Vitaly and he
        > >told me that he is completely in his mind but
        > >considering his age getting tiered quite often.
        > >I do believe that person more then other clergy
        > rumors
        > >mongers on a e-mail forums.
        > > Best wishes, Subdeacon Kirill
        >

        > I believe all rumors about Metropolitan Vitaly's
        > supposedly fragile mental
        > state of mind are easy to dispell, since it has now
        > been demonstrated that,
        > at age 91, he has been able to master the
        > complexities of the New
        > Orthography and spelling of the Russian language,
        > after having written
        > exclusively in the Old Orthography all his life.
        >

        > With love in Christ,
        >
        > Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Sandra Thompson
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
          At 11:39 AM 7/3/2001 -0700, you wrote:
          >I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
          >called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his letter
          >and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is.

          Many of the saints admitted to doing things they didn't actually do.
        • The Stephens
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
            Thank you for your faithfulness, dear in Christ, Subdeacon Kirill.

            Sincerely in the Love of God's TRUTH,
            Fr. Seraphim Stephens,
            Accused Renegade

            > Your very thin irony doesn't have any relevance in
            > that matter.
            > Regards, Subdeacon Kirill
            > --- "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...>
            > wrote:
            > > Regarding:
            > >

            > > >I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
            > > >called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his
            > > letter
            > > >and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is. Also, I
            > > asked
            > > >about state of health of Metropolitan Vitaly and he
            > > >told me that he is completely in his mind but
            > > >considering his age getting tiered quite often.
            > > >I do believe that person more then other clergy
            > > rumors
            > > >mongers on a e-mail forums.
            > > > Best wishes, Subdeacon Kirill
            > >

            > > I believe all rumors about Metropolitan Vitaly's
            > > supposedly fragile mental
            > > state of mind are easy to dispell, since it has now
            > > been demonstrated that,
            > > at age 91, he has been able to master the
            > > complexities of the New
            > > Orthography and spelling of the Russian language,
            > > after having written
            > > exclusively in the Old Orthography all his life.
            > >

            > > With love in Christ,
            > >
            > > Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

            > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

          • Vladimir Kozyreff
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
              As I wrote before, a friend of mine visited Vl Vitaly a few days before he
              sent his last "forged" epistle. My friend observed that Vl Vitaly was in
              perfect health of mind.

              Vladyka spoke about the recent events in our Church, announced his epistle
              in his conversation, spoke in excellent and distinguished French, with
              humour, at the age 91.

              From the information that I got in this way, I can confirm Father
              Alexander's opinion about the excellent state of mind of Vl Vitaly.