Re: [orthodox-synod] RE: Met. Vitaly and the debate of who wrote what

  • Kiril Bart
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
      I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
      called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his letter
      and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is. Also, I asked
      about state of health of Metropolitan Vitaly and he
      told me that he is completely in his mind but
      considering his age getting tiered quite often.
      I do believe that person more then other clergy rumors
      mongers on a e-mail forums.
      Best wishes, Subdeacon Kirill
      -
      -- Michael Malloy <mmalloy@...-state.edu>
      wrote:
      > Has anyone considered asking Metropolitan Vitaly, or
      > someone close to him,
      > for the truth about these "alleged" letters? It
      > seems an awful lot of
      > people are using up a lot of stomach acid trying to
      > second guess this
      > situation. Either the Metropolitan wrote the letter
      > or he
      > didn't. Purpose, content, writing style, and all
      > other issues are
      > irrelevant. Only the truth matters.
      >
      > ------End of Message ------
      >
      > "A Psalm is the tranquility of souls, the arbitrator
      > of peace, restraining
      > the disorder and turbulence of thoughts, for it
      > softens the passion of the
      > soul and moderates its unruliness. A Psalm forms
      > friendships, unites the
      > divided, mediates between enemies. For who can still
      > consider him an enemy
      > with whom he has set forth one voice to God? So that
      > the singing of Psalms
      > brings love, the greatest of good things, contriving
      > harmony like some bond
      > of union and uniting the people in the symphony of a
      > single choir."
      >
      > St. Basil the Great; in: Strunk, W. Oliver (William
      > Oliver), 1901- comp.:
      > Source readings in music history from classical
      > antiquity through the
      > romantic era. New York, Norton [1950]
      >
      > Michael Malloy
      >
      > mmalloy@...-state.edu
      > Ohio State University Music and Dance Library
      > 1813 North High Street : 166 Sullivant Hall
      > Columbus OH 43210 614-292-2319
      > FAX at OSU MUS: 614-247-6794
      > (malloy.2@...) same result as above

      > removed]

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
        Regarding:

        >I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
        >called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his letter
        >and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is. Also, I asked
        >about state of health of Metropolitan Vitaly and he
        >told me that he is completely in his mind but
        >considering his age getting tiered quite often.
        >I do believe that person more then other clergy rumors
        >mongers on a e-mail forums.
        > Best wishes, Subdeacon Kirill

        I believe all rumors about Metropolitan Vitaly's supposedly fragile mental
        state of mind are easy to dispell, since it has now been demonstrated that,
        at age 91, he has been able to master the complexities of the New
        Orthography and spelling of the Russian language, after having written
        exclusively in the Old Orthography all his life.

        With love in Christ,

        Prot. Alexander Lebedeff
      • Kiril Bart
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
          Your very thin irony doesn't have any relevance in
          that matter.
          Regards, Subdeacon Kirill
          --- "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...>
          wrote:
          > Regarding:
          >

          > >I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
          > >called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his
          > letter
          > >and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is. Also, I
          > asked
          > >about state of health of Metropolitan Vitaly and he
          > >told me that he is completely in his mind but
          > >considering his age getting tiered quite often.
          > >I do believe that person more then other clergy
          > rumors
          > >mongers on a e-mail forums.
          > > Best wishes, Subdeacon Kirill
          >

          > I believe all rumors about Metropolitan Vitaly's
          > supposedly fragile mental
          > state of mind are easy to dispell, since it has now
          > been demonstrated that,
          > at age 91, he has been able to master the
          > complexities of the New
          > Orthography and spelling of the Russian language,
          > after having written
          > exclusively in the Old Orthography all his life.
          >

          > With love in Christ,
          >
          > Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • Sandra Thompson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
            At 11:39 AM 7/3/2001 -0700, you wrote:
            >I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
            >called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his letter
            >and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is.

            Many of the saints admitted to doing things they didn't actually do.
          • The Stephens
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
              Thank you for your faithfulness, dear in Christ, Subdeacon Kirill.

              Sincerely in the Love of God's TRUTH,
              Fr. Seraphim Stephens,
              Accused Renegade

              > Your very thin irony doesn't have any relevance in
              > that matter.
              > Regards, Subdeacon Kirill
              > --- "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...>
              > wrote:
              > > Regarding:
              > >

              > > >I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
              > > >called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his
              > > letter
              > > >and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is. Also, I
              > > asked
              > > >about state of health of Metropolitan Vitaly and he
              > > >told me that he is completely in his mind but
              > > >considering his age getting tiered quite often.
              > > >I do believe that person more then other clergy
              > > rumors
              > > >mongers on a e-mail forums.
              > > > Best wishes, Subdeacon Kirill
              > >

              > > I believe all rumors about Metropolitan Vitaly's
              > > supposedly fragile mental
              > > state of mind are easy to dispell, since it has now
              > > been demonstrated that,
              > > at age 91, he has been able to master the
              > > complexities of the New
              > > Orthography and spelling of the Russian language,
              > > after having written
              > > exclusively in the Old Orthography all his life.
              > >

              > > With love in Christ,
              > >
              > > Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

              > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

            • Vladimir Kozyreff
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
                As I wrote before, a friend of mine visited Vl Vitaly a few days before he
                sent his last "forged" epistle. My friend observed that Vl Vitaly was in
                perfect health of mind.

                Vladyka spoke about the recent events in our Church, announced his epistle
                in his conversation, spoke in excellent and distinguished French, with
                humour, at the age 91.

                From the information that I got in this way, I can confirm Father
                Alexander's opinion about the excellent state of mind of Vl Vitaly.