RE: Met. Vitaly and the debate of who wrote what

  • Michael Malloy
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
      Has anyone considered asking Metropolitan Vitaly, or someone close to him,
      for the truth about these "alleged" letters? It seems an awful lot of
      people are using up a lot of stomach acid trying to second guess this
      situation. Either the Metropolitan wrote the letter or he
      didn't. Purpose, content, writing style, and all other issues are
      irrelevant. Only the truth matters.

      ------End of Message ------

      "A Psalm is the tranquility of souls, the arbitrator of peace, restraining
      the disorder and turbulence of thoughts, for it softens the passion of the
      soul and moderates its unruliness. A Psalm forms friendships, unites the
      divided, mediates between enemies. For who can still consider him an enemy
      with whom he has set forth one voice to God? So that the singing of Psalms
      brings love, the greatest of good things, contriving harmony like some bond
      of union and uniting the people in the symphony of a single choir."

      St. Basil the Great; in: Strunk, W. Oliver (William Oliver), 1901- comp.:
      Source readings in music history from classical antiquity through the
      romantic era. New York, Norton [1950]

      Michael Malloy

      mmalloy@...-state.edu
      Ohio State University Music and Dance Library
      1813 North High Street : 166 Sullivant Hall
      Columbus OH 43210 614-292-2319
      FAX at OSU MUS: 614-247-6794
      (malloy.2@...) same result as above

    • Michael M. Ossorgin
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
        on 7/3/01 7:47 AM, Michael Malloy at mmalloy@...-state.edu
        wrote:

        > Has anyone considered asking Metropolitan Vitaly, or someone close to him,
        > for the truth about these "alleged" letters? It seems an awful lot of
        > people are using up a lot of stomach acid trying to second guess this
        > situation. Either the Metropolitan wrote the letter or he
        > didn't. Purpose, content, writing style, and all other issues are
        > irrelevant. Only the truth matters.

        Dear Michael,

        You would be hard pressed to find anyone who cares about, knows more about,
        converses with or is closer to Metropolitan Vitaly than Bishop Gabriel.
        There is no second guessing on his part, Vladika Gabriel is the most
        reliable source.

        In Christ, Michael
      • Kiril Bart
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
          I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
          called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his letter
          and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is. Also, I asked
          about state of health of Metropolitan Vitaly and he
          told me that he is completely in his mind but
          considering his age getting tiered quite often.
          I do believe that person more then other clergy rumors
          mongers on a e-mail forums.
          Best wishes, Subdeacon Kirill
          -
          wrote:
          > Has anyone considered asking Metropolitan Vitaly, or
          > someone close to him,
          > for the truth about these "alleged" letters? It
          > seems an awful lot of
          > people are using up a lot of stomach acid trying to
          > second guess this
          > situation. Either the Metropolitan wrote the letter
          > or he
          > didn't. Purpose, content, writing style, and all
          > other issues are
          > irrelevant. Only the truth matters.
          >
          > ------End of Message ------
          >
          > "A Psalm is the tranquility of souls, the arbitrator
          > of peace, restraining
          > the disorder and turbulence of thoughts, for it
          > softens the passion of the
          > soul and moderates its unruliness. A Psalm forms
          > friendships, unites the
          > divided, mediates between enemies. For who can still
          > consider him an enemy
          > with whom he has set forth one voice to God? So that
          > the singing of Psalms
          > brings love, the greatest of good things, contriving
          > harmony like some bond
          > of union and uniting the people in the symphony of a
          > single choir."
          >
          > St. Basil the Great; in: Strunk, W. Oliver (William
          > Oliver), 1901- comp.:
          > Source readings in music history from classical
          > antiquity through the
          > romantic era. New York, Norton [1950]
          >
          > Michael Malloy
          >
          > mmalloy@...-state.edu
          > Ohio State University Music and Dance Library
          > 1813 North High Street : 166 Sullivant Hall
          > Columbus OH 43210 614-292-2319
          > FAX at OSU MUS: 614-247-6794
          > (malloy.2@...) same result as above

          > removed]

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
            Regarding:

            >I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
            >called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his letter
            >and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is. Also, I asked
            >about state of health of Metropolitan Vitaly and he
            >told me that he is completely in his mind but
            >considering his age getting tiered quite often.
            >I do believe that person more then other clergy rumors
            >mongers on a e-mail forums.
            > Best wishes, Subdeacon Kirill

            I believe all rumors about Metropolitan Vitaly's supposedly fragile mental
            state of mind are easy to dispell, since it has now been demonstrated that,
            at age 91, he has been able to master the complexities of the New
            Orthography and spelling of the Russian language, after having written
            exclusively in the Old Orthography all his life.

            With love in Christ,

            Prot. Alexander Lebedeff
          • Kiril Bart
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
              Your very thin irony doesn't have any relevance in
              that matter.
              Regards, Subdeacon Kirill
              --- "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...>
              wrote:
              > Regarding:
              >

              > >I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
              > >called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his
              > letter
              > >and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is. Also, I
              > asked
              > >about state of health of Metropolitan Vitaly and he
              > >told me that he is completely in his mind but
              > >considering his age getting tiered quite often.
              > >I do believe that person more then other clergy
              > rumors
              > >mongers on a e-mail forums.
              > > Best wishes, Subdeacon Kirill
              >

              > I believe all rumors about Metropolitan Vitaly's
              > supposedly fragile mental
              > state of mind are easy to dispell, since it has now
              > been demonstrated that,
              > at age 91, he has been able to master the
              > complexities of the New
              > Orthography and spelling of the Russian language,
              > after having written
              > exclusively in the Old Orthography all his life.
              >

              > With love in Christ,
              >
              > Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

              http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
            • Sandra Thompson
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
                At 11:39 AM 7/3/2001 -0700, you wrote:
                >I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
                >called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his letter
                >and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is.

                Many of the saints admitted to doing things they didn't actually do.
              • The Stephens
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
                  Thank you for your faithfulness, dear in Christ, Subdeacon Kirill.

                  Sincerely in the Love of God's TRUTH,
                  Fr. Seraphim Stephens,
                  Accused Renegade

                  > Your very thin irony doesn't have any relevance in
                  > that matter.
                  > Regards, Subdeacon Kirill
                  > --- "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > Regarding:
                  > >

                  > > >I did talk personally with his spiritual son, who
                  > > >called Metropolitan Vitaly to ask if it was his
                  > > letter
                  > > >and Vladiko confirmed to him that it is. Also, I
                  > > asked
                  > > >about state of health of Metropolitan Vitaly and he
                  > > >told me that he is completely in his mind but
                  > > >considering his age getting tiered quite often.
                  > > >I do believe that person more then other clergy
                  > > rumors
                  > > >mongers on a e-mail forums.
                  > > > Best wishes, Subdeacon Kirill
                  > >

                  > > I believe all rumors about Metropolitan Vitaly's
                  > > supposedly fragile mental
                  > > state of mind are easy to dispell, since it has now
                  > > been demonstrated that,
                  > > at age 91, he has been able to master the
                  > > complexities of the New
                  > > Orthography and spelling of the Russian language,
                  > > after having written
                  > > exclusively in the Old Orthography all his life.
                  > >

                  > > With love in Christ,
                  > >
                  > > Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

                  > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

                • Vladimir Kozyreff
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 3, 2001
                    As I wrote before, a friend of mine visited Vl Vitaly a few days before he
                    sent his last "forged" epistle. My friend observed that Vl Vitaly was in
                    perfect health of mind.

                    Vladyka spoke about the recent events in our Church, announced his epistle
                    in his conversation, spoke in excellent and distinguished French, with
                    humour, at the age 91.

                    From the information that I got in this way, I can confirm Father
                    Alexander's opinion about the excellent state of mind of Vl Vitaly.