Re: [orthodoxjurisdictions] The Vision Seen By Joseph Muños

  • Rev. John R. Shaw
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2001
      On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 intrprtr@... wrote:

      > THE VISION SEEN BY JOSEPH MUÑOS
      >
      > In the third and final -- part of the vision, Joseph saw a cross, in that
      > selfsame desert, which was particularly black in colour -- and, crucified
      > upon it, dressed in full vestments, and with a mitre [upon his head], was
      > Vladyka Vitaly...
      >
      > After Joseph recounted his vision, we became ill at ease. "Crucifixion is a
      > symbol of victory, is it not?" we asked. "There was no victory here: it was
      > a corpse that hung upon the cross..."

      I also heard of this vision, orally, essentially as described
      above, but nevertheless the implications of it, as told to me the first
      time, may have been the exact reverse of those that it was meant to
      suggest as given by the poster above.

    • Polychroni
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2001
        On 3 Jul 01, at 9:04, Rev. John R. Shaw wrote:

        > On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 intrprtr@... wrote:
        >

        > > THE VISION SEEN BY JOSEPH MUΡOS
        > >
        > > In the third and final -- part of the vision, Joseph saw a cross, in
        > > that selfsame desert, which was particularly black in colour -- and,
        > > crucified upon it, dressed in full vestments, and with a mitre [upon his
        > > head], was Vladyka Vitaly...
        > >
        > > After Joseph recounted his vision, we became ill at ease. "Crucifixion
        > > is a symbol of victory, is it not?" we asked. "There was no victory
        > > here: it was a corpse that hung upon the cross..."
        > >
        > I also heard of this vision, orally, essentially as described
        > above, but nevertheless the implications of it, as told to me the first
        > time, may have been the exact reverse of those that it was meant to
        > suggest as given by the poster above.
        >
        > In Christ
        > Fr. John R. Shaw

        I don't know who the commentator is but in the paragraph that begins "After
        Joseph recounted..." the commentator's interpretation is that there is no
        victory here because "it was a corpse that hung upon the cross..."

        Well, I have news for him: even the LORD GOD hung as a Corpse upon the
        cross, and there was victory there!

        In Christ,

        Polychroni