Re: [orthodox-synod] We are answerable

  • pvgol@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2001
      Thank you Fr. Michael.

      What ever happened to "stiajaniye sviatago duha", i.e. the acquisition of the
      Holy Spirit (I hope my translation is on the mark)?

      Just think if the tremendous amount of time and energy we expend to judge
      and condemn was used for good works instead -- a kind smile, a helping hand.

      This past Great Lent, to help keep check on ourselves, my family established
      a fine of $1.00 whenever one of us would start to judge another. The dollar
      would go into a glass jar and the "proceeds" subsequently donated to charity.

    • Dr. Elizabeth W. Riggs
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2 11:02 AM
        Gee, if we assessed a "fine" of $1.00 for each instance of judging
        another, how much money could we collect just from this listserv for
        charitable purposes, or building funds, or for the persecuted
        Churches in the Holy Land or other worthy causes?

        what an idea!

        I'll offer $1 for this post, alone!

        Yours in Christ,
        Elizabeth Riggs, a sinner
        and Perennial Student
        http://www.angelfire.com/ga/riggs/index.html
        Our Lady, the Joy of All Who Sorrow Church (ROCOR)
        Cumming, GA USA (Atlanta, GA area)
        http://www.churchabroad.org
        Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever!

        To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com