Festal peace

  • Fr. Gregory Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2001
      Fathers and brothers and sisters:

      We would do well to remember as we celebrate the memory of our
      beloved Vladyka John that, faced with a potential rift within the
      body of Christ, one saint stepped aside to deliver the chief
      pastorship of our church into the hands of another, all but unknown.

      We are in dark and dangerous days, and even those who may be "right"
      (does anyone dare claim that?) are in grave danger of becoming tools
      of the Evil One.

      We would be wiser to keep a circumspect silence, remembering the
      example of Our Lord and so many of His saints, and listen (a very
      difficult thing to do while making a lot of noise) for the voice of
      the Holy Spirit. He has never failed the Church, and will not do so
      now.

      I do not pretend to know what is THE RIGHT course. But it is not
      very difficult to discern a lot of wrong ones, even amongst those
      with whom I am most strongly inclined to agree.

      Righteousness never promotes schism, or speaks with hatred or contempt.

      By the example of our beloved Vladyka John, let us be instructed.
      --
      --Fr. Gregory Williams

      1180 Orthodox Way
      Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA