[orthodox-synod] Re: Fwd: "Book Review Section," 25 July

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 8 7:22 PM
      I forgot to mention to you that Paul Inglesby was the founder of the
      Anglican/Orthodox Society, in England, and, before he gave up and was
      baptized by Greek Old Calendarists, that Society was responsible for the
      conversion of some 45 Anglicans to Orthodoxy. Not surprisingly, the
      Anglicans came to look upon it (and him) as a threat.

      Paul is now attached to the godless commies of the Moscow Patriarchate, via
      Anthony Bloom. Archbishop Anthony, suprisingly, lets Paul and his wife
      reserve a consecrated Lamb in their home chapel. Apparently, Paul
      administers Holy Communion to Himself and Anna, with Anthony Bloom's consent.

      My question is: From what Jesut school did Archbishop Anthony graduate?
      (I, myself, graduated from Xavier University, Cincinnati, which, by some
      small chance, is a Jesuit school. That's how I recognize their thinking so
      readily.)
    • emrys`nz
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8 7:32 PM
        Father Andrew,

        You are being naughty! Given Paul Inglesby's background, his present
        situation and his age, the blessing from Archbp Anthony is not without both
        common sense and charity.

        Fr Ambrose
        who never had even the slightest contact with Jesuits, apart from once
        trying (unsuccessfully) to convert a Maltese one!
        ~*~*~*~*~*

        >I forgot to mention to you that Paul Inglesby was the founder of the
        >Anglican/Orthodox Society, in England, and, before he gave up and was
        >baptized by Greek Old Calendarists, that Society was responsible for the
        >conversion of some 45 Anglicans to Orthodoxy. Not surprisingly, the
        >Anglicans came to look upon it (and him) as a threat.
        >
        >Paul is now attached to the godless commies of the Moscow Patriarchate, via
        >Anthony Bloom. Archbishop Anthony, suprisingly, lets Paul and his wife
        >reserve a consecrated Lamb in their home chapel. Apparently, Paul
        >administers Holy Communion to Himself and Anna, with Anthony Bloom's
        consent.

        >My question is: From what Jesut school did Archbishop Anthony graduate?
        >(I, myself, graduated from Xavier University, Cincinnati, which, by some
        >small chance, is a Jesuit school. That's how I recognize their thinking so
        >readily.)

      • Stephen Shott
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 9 11:11 PM
          At 9:32 PM -0400 on 5/8/99, Father Andrew wrote:

          >I remember a pretty child (Eurocentrically speaking) who is blond-haired,
          >blue-eyed, and Dutch looking. She was in my World History Class at
          >Davenport College, Grand Rapids.
          >
          >"I believe in total depravity," she said.
          >
          >I walked over to her, looked into her little Dutch face and said: "Funny,
          >you don't look totally depraved to me."
          >
          >I don't think she got it. It's all the rest of us who are totally depraved.
          > The Elect are better than we. They do not even owe us the politeness we are
          >wont to give to dogs.

          I may well be wrong, but I don't think that Total Depravity means
          that one is "totally depraved", but only that one cannot help but
          sin, as a result of original sin.

          It was my understanding of this Calvinist doctrine that *all* are
          totally depraved (i.e., cannot help but sin), but that the elect, for
          whom (and only for whom) Christ died, are saved from damnation by
          God's irresistible Grace (i.e., they cannot help but be saved,
          because God has chosen them). Those that are not among the elect (the
          reprobate) are justly damned for their sins which they could not help
          but commit.

          Curious, really.

          Stephen.
          --