[orthodox-synod] Prayer Request

  • Dr. Elizabeth W. Riggs
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 6, 1999
      My daughter just called to tell me her grandmother (her father's mother)
      died today. Despite my divorce from her son, she always treated me with love
      and respect. She was a great lady, and I loved her and will miss her
      terribly.

      She had come to believe in God in recent years, and I had hopes she would
      explore and perhaps accept Orthodoxy before she died, but, alas, that was
      not to be.

      Please pray for the soul of the handmaid of God Catherine and for her
      husband, James, her sons James and David, and her daughter Hester.
      Grandchildren, James, Genevieve and George (all 3 grandchildren are
      Orthodox), and greatgrandchildren, John, Mark, Georgia, James and Michael
      (all Orthodox).

      Memory Eternal!

      Elizabeth, a grieving sinner
      and Perennial Student

      * Personal WEB-page: *
      * http://www.mindspring.com/~ewriggs/home.htm *
      * JOY OF ALL WHO SORROW CHURCH *
      * Russian Orthodox Church Abroad *
      * 6728 Campground Road *
      * Cumming, GA 30130 *
      * http://www.avana.net/~fralexis *
      * Save, O Lord, Thy people, and bless Thine *
      * inheritance; grant Thou unto Orthodox *
      * Christians victory over enemies; and by *
      * the power of Thy Cross do Thou preserve *
      * Thy commonwealth. *
    • Terry Dexter
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 29 3:18 AM
        Please pray for Dr. Dorothy Brown who is having major back surgery, tommorrow, March 30, 2000.

        In Christ,

        Irene D in Atlanta
      • Mark & Janet Lardas + Family
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 5, 2000
          Fr. George Lardas and his family were in a traffic accident today.
          Matushka Anne has asked us to pass on a prayer request.

          While the collision was severe enough to require one member of the family
          to be cut out of the wreck, all were spared major injury. Cuts, scrapes,
          and bruises seem to be the extent of the injuries (although I have been
          told by Matushka Anne that some of the scrapes and bruises are pretty
          spectacular).

          All except Fr. George's oldest son, Nicholas were released from the
          hospital shortly after the accident. Nicholas received some severe
          lacerations and glass shards in his eyes. While he can see, the doctors
          chose to keep him in the hospital overnight for observation.

          The accident occured when a van being towed by another vehicle broke the
          tow, careened across the expressway, crossed the median, and broadsided the
          Lardas car. The relative speeds of the two vehicles at the time of impact
          was probably between 80 and 110 mph. It could have easily been much worse.
          A trucker witnessing the accident said that Matushka Anne (driving at that
          time) reacted perfectly, mitigating the effects of the crash. All the
          occupants were wearing seatbelts, and the car absorbed most of the impact.

          A further mercy was provided by the presence of an ambulance, which had
          been behind the car. While it was transporting, and not fitted with a
          crash kit, it did contain a complement of EMTs who were able to provide
          assistance virtually as soon as the cars came to a stop.

          Matushka Anne has asked for prayers -- both in thanks of their deliverance
          and for Nicholas's complete recovery. Our family would add our second to
          that request. For the members of the Orthodox women's list, forgive a male
          instrusion into your company. Helena asked me to write the request.

          Menas & Helena Lardas

          Mark & Janet Lardas + Family
          Mlardas@...
          Palestine, TX
        • tjenks@TeleReports.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 1, 2001
            Please pray for John Michael and Mary, Orthodox Christians whose home
            burned down today. Mary is in the hospital with 1st/2nd degree burns
            and smoke inhalation.
          • Sandra Thompson
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 26, 2001
              How are they doing?
              >Please pray for John Michael and Mary, Orthodox Christians whose home
              >burned down today. Mary is in the hospital with 1st/2nd degree burns
              >and smoke inhalation.

            • Theodora
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 19, 2001
                We wish to thank everyone for their prayers. Theodora is, according to her
                doctors, seeing 'much better than normal for the first day'.

                Paul Wright
              • Igumeniya Iulianiya
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 19, 2001
                  Thanks be to God for all His mercies! Praised be His
                  Name. Everyone was praying for the recovery of the
                  Slave of God Theodora.Is her Namesday on the 11/24 -th
                  september? Then our heartly greeting to her and quick
                  recovery! Salvation of soul of course.
                  Sinful Abbjuliana, sisters and children.

                  -- Theodora <theomtn@...> wrote:
                  > We wish to thank everyone for their prayers.
                  > Theodora is, according to her
                  > doctors, seeing 'much better than normal for the
                  > first day'.
                  >
                  > Paul Wright
                  >

                  > Archives located at

                  > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Theodora
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 21, 2001
                    On behalf of Theodora, I wish to thank everyone who offered their prayers
                    for her recent surgery. She is not able at the present to look at the
                    screen, but wishes to let everyone know that she will post her thanks
                    personally to the lists and to those who responded directly by e-mail when
                    she is again able to.

                    Reader Paul Wright
                  • valichka@wanadoo.fr
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 30, 2001
                      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "Theodora" <theomtn@a...> wrote:
                      > On behalf of Theodora, I wish to thank everyone who offered their
                      prayers
                      > for her recent surgery. She is not able at the present to look at
                      the
                      > screen, but wishes to let everyone know that she will post her
                      thanks
                      > personally to the lists and to those who responded directly by e-
                      mail when
                      > she is again able to.
                      >
                      > Reader Paul Wright

                      Let me rejoice with you for Theodora recovering her sight!

                      I have also a prayer request for our parishioneer Maria, who
                      underwent surgery and chimiotherapy last year and told us today she
                      has to start again the whole chimiotherapy,
                      and for Olga from Omsk painfully dying from cancer.
                      Thank you for your prayers!
                      Spasi Gospodi za Vachy molitvy!
                      Valentina by the mediterranean sea, south of France.
                    • Theodora
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 30, 2001
                        snip
                        > I have also a prayer request for our parishioneer Maria, who
                        > underwent surgery and chimiotherapy last year and told us today she
                        > has to start again the whole chimiotherapy,
                        > and for Olga from Omsk painfully dying from cancer.
                        > Thank you for your prayers!
                        snip

                        The Lord be with them and unto them strength and mercy. They will be in my
                        prayers. Please let me know how they are doing.

                        love and peace
                        Theodora in the mountains
                      • tallscapes@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 2, 2001
                          > Of your charity pray for the elderly Schema-nun Xenia
                          > (in the world: Matiushka Mary Lambros) who was very
                          > recently hospitalized. She has been a model of kindly
                          > personal warmth and devotional fervor for many through
                          > the years. Friends are staying be her side and it is hoped
                          > she will be home just as quickly as she was admitted.
                          >
                          > Sinful, Peter Brandt-Sorheim

                        • David Moser
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 13, 2002
                            Please remember Hieromonk Averky in your prayers. He has a serious illness that
                            has his doctors stumped - no one seems to really know what is causing the
                            problem or agree on what the best course of treatment would be. He is facing
                            some difficult and painful medical tests and possible surgery with long term
                            intense followup. Please keep him in your prayers for his health and well
                            being.

                            Priest David Moser +++ moserd@...
                            Boise, Idaho
                          • Abuna1913@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 3, 2003
                              Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very Reverend George
                              Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all his family
                              at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of any pain,
                              and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his example of
                              his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

                              Yours in Christ

                              Elias Harb

                            • Timothy Tadros
                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 4, 2003
                                In'shallah tis la-mi
                                Il'yat-na na hamna
                                Rdr Timothy Tadros
                                Give rest O Lord to soul of thy servant the Priest George

                                Abuna1913@... wrote:

                                Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very Reverend George
                                Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all his family
                                at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of any pain,
                                and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his example of
                                his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

                                Yours in Christ

                                Elias Harb

                                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                              • cjfile2000
                                Message 15 of 19 , Nov 4, 2003
                                  --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Timothy Tadros <tadros@a...>
                                  wrote:May God grant him blessed repose in the Paradise of Joy-With
                                  love in Christ,sinful John.
                                  > In'shallah tis la-mi
                                  > Il'yat-na na hamna
                                  > Rdr Timothy Tadros
                                  > Give rest O Lord to soul of thy servant the Priest George
                                  >
                                  > Abuna1913@a... wrote:
                                  >

                                  > Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very
                                  Reverend George
                                  > Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all
                                  his family
                                  > at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of
                                  any pain,
                                  > and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his
                                  example of
                                  > his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
                                  >

                                  > Yours in Christ
                                  >
                                  > Elias Harb

                                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                  Service.

                                • Sandra Thompson
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Nov 4, 2003
                                    Memory Eternal

                                    At 09:30 AM 11/4/2003 -0800, you wrote:
                                    >In'shallah tis la-mi
                                    > Il'yat-na na hamna
                                    > Rdr Timothy Tadros
                                    > Give rest O Lord to soul of thy servant the Priest George
                                    >
                                    >Abuna1913@... wrote:
                                    >

                                    >Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very Reverend George
                                    >Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all his family
                                    >at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of any pain,
                                    >and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his example of
                                    >his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
                                    >

                                    >Yours in Christ
                                    >
                                    >Elias Harb

                                    >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                  • StephenATL/Στέφανος
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Mar 24 1:32 PM
                                      My Dear Brethren the Synod and ROCOR Lists,

                                      Let us all on bended knee, with the tears of repentance of Great Lent
                                      and the joy of Pascha in our hearts that gives us that «χαρμολύπη»
                                      (harmolype) or «sorrowful-joy», let us pray for our beleaguered,
                                      persecuted and suffering Orthodox brethren in Kosovo (and all of Serbia)
                                      and in Palestine (and all suffering Orthodox Christians in the Middle
                                      East), who cannot or will not be able to celebrate Great Week and Pascha
                                      in peace and love as we are able. Let us pray for them with tears in
                                      our hearts, that our God will help and comfort them.

                                      in his Love,
                                      Stephanos
                                    • Stephen/Στέφανος
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jul 16, 2004
                                        Dear All,

                                        I ask all members of the lists, especially the clergy, to remember the
                                        soul of the servant of God, Maria-Elisavet, my mother, who fell asleep
                                        in the Lord on 25 June 2004. Her 40-day memorial will be August 4th.

                                        Thank you,
                                        Stephanos Upton
                                      • Carol
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Feb 3, 2007
                                          Dear in Christ, Dawn Ann,

                                          Please know that my prayers are with you, and your grandmother Rena, and mother Lynda. May God grant them, 'Many more Years.'

                                          God does have this all in his hands, of course. I lost my Mom two yrs ago, and my grandma and Dad, much earlier. They have all passed over, to be with our Lord, so certainly I understand the stress these situations bring while we watch and take part in the struggles, loved ones go through.. The only thing that brings peace, is the prayer of Gods people, and our faith, in him. As you well know.

                                          When this happens in our lives I always think of it, as knowing how the Theotokos must have felt when she saw her son, suffering, even though she knew it must be, as he chose to die for us, so we could have eternal life in him.

                                          Anyway, will be praying, please do know this.

                                          In Christ,

                                          Katherine