Re: [orthodox-synod] What about the New Martyrs??

  • Anthony Bridges
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2001
      --- catherine elaine sullivan <flicka68@...>
      wrote:
      One can also add to these comments as to why ROCOR
      is wary of the Patriarchate - just within the last
      year representatives of the Patriarchate were in
      Jerusalem authorizing Palestinian troops to throw the
      ROCOR nuns and monks out from the monastery buildings
      they have operated and owned sinde the Revolution. Is
      this the act of a jurisdiction that wants to unite
      with
      ROCOR??

      Father Deacon Anthony Bridges of Our Lady, Joy of All
      Who Sorrow (ROCOR) in Cumming, GA (near Atlanta)
      responds:

      Of course it is! That is how they get our attention.
      They want to unite with us on their terms, which means
      with a BIG STICK in hand. They also put pressure on
      the Serbians to break communion with us, though I
      can't prove it, and I wouldn't be surprised if they
      discouraged the Georgian Church as well from entering
      into communion with us. (I realize that sounds
      ridiculous on the face of it, since the Georgian
      Patriarchate is probably trying to be as independent
      of Moscow as possible. I just wouldn't be surprised,
      that's all.) They continue to put pressure on
      properties in the Holy Land and Europe.

      Of course they want to unite with us, the same way the
      Pope wants to unite with them! They are trying to
      soften our resolve by isolation and terrorism. But
      never doubt it: they would love nothing better than to
      unite.

      DISCLAIMER: This is only my opinion, and I will gladly
      be proven wrong, if and when we get to that point. For
      the record, I have never accused our Bishops, either
      singly, or in council, of any heresy, immorality, or
      misconduct, and I am not doing so now. Nor have I
      signed any documents, letters, or declarations stating
      any intent to wall off or distance myself from anyone.

      And again, as I have stated publicly many times: I am
      a known MOSCOW SYMPATHIZER. I do not believe they are
      beyond hope, because to believe so would be to limit
      the power of the Holy Spirit. In fact, I pray for the
      rebirth of Orthodoxy in Russia.

      =====

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/