Fw: Southern Missions Conference -- SCHEDULE

  • David Moser
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2001
      Plan Ahead - this will be a great conference! Here is the current proposed
      schedule (changes may occur)

      >FRIDAY, NOV.9th
      >4-7pm: Registrations/Check-In, Lutheridge Retreat Center - LR
      >6pm: Akathist to St Nicholas the Wonderworker - Church
      >7pm: Welcome & Social -LR
      >8pm: Youth Workshop: "Death, Near Dear & After Death" - Fr David Moser,
      et.al.
      >8pm: Choir/Chanters Rehearsal
      >
      >SATURDAY, NOV.10th
      >8 am: Morning Prayers & Pannakhida for Fr Seraphim Rose - Church
      >9 am: Breakfast - LR
      >10 am: Opening Remarks
      >10:30 am: Presentation on Fr Seraphim - Fr Alexey Young with Panel
      >Discussion, Q & A with those who knew Fr Seraphim
      >10:30 am: Youth Workshop: "Orthodoxy & Science" - Fr David Moser
      >11:15 am: Break
      >11:30 am: Panel Discussion on Ecumenism: "Orthodoxy & the Religion of the
      >Future"
      >11:30 am: Youth Workshop: "The Nature of the Soul" - Fr David Moser
      >1pm: BBQ
      >3pm: Presentation of Papers on Fr Seraphim Rose
      >3pm: Youth Workshop: "Ecumenism (Youth Version)"
      >3pm: Choir/Chanters Rehearsal
      >5pm: Vigil & Confessions - Church
      >9pm: Dinner - LR
      >
      >SUNDAY, NOV.11th
      >9am: Hierarchical Liturgy
      >1pm: Lunch - LR
      >3pm: Conference Q&A Panel with Vladika & Clergy
      >5pm: Conclusion of Conference

      Priest David Moser +++ moserd@...

      "Whoever has learned that afflictions, and in general
      everything that tempations cause us, are gifts from the Lord,
      has truly found the way of the Lord."
      Elder Joseph the Hesychast
    • Vladimir Kozyreff
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2001
        Dear Father David,

        Will you make abstracts or other documents available?

        Respectfully yours,

        VK

        > Plan Ahead - this will be a great conference! Here is the current
        proposed
        > schedule (changes may occur)
        >
        > >FRIDAY, NOV.9th
        > >4-7pm: Registrations/Check-In, Lutheridge Retreat Center - LR
        > >6pm: Akathist to St Nicholas the Wonderworker - Church
        > >7pm: Welcome & Social -LR
        > >8pm: Youth Workshop: "Death, Near Dear & After Death" - Fr David Moser,
        > et.al.
        > >8pm: Choir/Chanters Rehearsal
        > >
        > >SATURDAY, NOV.10th
        > >8 am: Morning Prayers & Pannakhida for Fr Seraphim Rose - Church
        > >9 am: Breakfast - LR
        > >10 am: Opening Remarks
        > >10:30 am: Presentation on Fr Seraphim - Fr Alexey Young with Panel
        > >Discussion, Q & A with those who knew Fr Seraphim
        > >10:30 am: Youth Workshop: "Orthodoxy & Science" - Fr David Moser
        > >11:15 am: Break
        > >11:30 am: Panel Discussion on Ecumenism: "Orthodoxy & the Religion of
        the
        > >Future"
        > >11:30 am: Youth Workshop: "The Nature of the Soul" - Fr David Moser
        > >1pm: BBQ
        > >3pm: Presentation of Papers on Fr Seraphim Rose
        > >3pm: Youth Workshop: "Ecumenism (Youth Version)"
        > >3pm: Choir/Chanters Rehearsal
        > >5pm: Vigil & Confessions - Church
        > >9pm: Dinner - LR
        > >
        > >SUNDAY, NOV.11th
        > >9am: Hierarchical Liturgy
        > >1pm: Lunch - LR
        > >3pm: Conference Q&A Panel with Vladika & Clergy
        > >5pm: Conclusion of Conference
        > >----------------------------------------
        >
        > Priest David Moser +++ moserd@...
        > St Seraphim of Sarov Orthodox Church (ROCOR)
        >
        > "Whoever has learned that afflictions, and in general
        > everything that tempations cause us, are gifts from the Lord,
        > has truly found the way of the Lord."
        > Elder Joseph the Hesychast

      • Theodora
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2001
          Father, do you have costs and motels, etc imformation available?

          Theodora
        • moserd@micron.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 2001
            --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "Vladimir Kozyreff"
            <vladimir.kozyreff@s...> wrote:
            > Dear Father David,
            >
            > Will you make abstracts or other documents available?

            I don't know that information for sure, however, there has been talk
            of publishing some or all of the papers. Don't know anything beyond
            that - I don't think any decisions have been made at this point about
            how to make any written information available. So, all I can say is:
            patience.

            Priest David Moser