Prayer Request

  • tjenks@TeleReports.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 1, 2001
      Please pray for John Michael and Mary, Orthodox Christians whose home
      burned down today. Mary is in the hospital with 1st/2nd degree burns
      and smoke inhalation.
    • Sandra Thompson
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 26, 2001
        How are they doing?
        >Please pray for John Michael and Mary, Orthodox Christians whose home
        >burned down today. Mary is in the hospital with 1st/2nd degree burns
        >and smoke inhalation.

      • Theodora
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 19, 2001
          We wish to thank everyone for their prayers. Theodora is, according to her
          doctors, seeing 'much better than normal for the first day'.

          Paul Wright
        • Igumeniya Iulianiya
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 19, 2001
            Thanks be to God for all His mercies! Praised be His
            Name. Everyone was praying for the recovery of the
            Slave of God Theodora.Is her Namesday on the 11/24 -th
            september? Then our heartly greeting to her and quick
            recovery! Salvation of soul of course.
            Sinful Abbjuliana, sisters and children.

            -- Theodora <theomtn@...> wrote:
            > We wish to thank everyone for their prayers.
            > Theodora is, according to her
            > doctors, seeing 'much better than normal for the
            > first day'.
            >
            > Paul Wright
            >

            > Archives located at

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Theodora
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 21, 2001
              On behalf of Theodora, I wish to thank everyone who offered their prayers
              for her recent surgery. She is not able at the present to look at the
              screen, but wishes to let everyone know that she will post her thanks
              personally to the lists and to those who responded directly by e-mail when
              she is again able to.

              Reader Paul Wright
            • valichka@wanadoo.fr
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 30, 2001
                --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "Theodora" <theomtn@a...> wrote:
                > On behalf of Theodora, I wish to thank everyone who offered their
                prayers
                > for her recent surgery. She is not able at the present to look at
                the
                > screen, but wishes to let everyone know that she will post her
                thanks
                > personally to the lists and to those who responded directly by e-
                mail when
                > she is again able to.
                >
                > Reader Paul Wright

                Let me rejoice with you for Theodora recovering her sight!

                I have also a prayer request for our parishioneer Maria, who
                underwent surgery and chimiotherapy last year and told us today she
                has to start again the whole chimiotherapy,
                and for Olga from Omsk painfully dying from cancer.
                Thank you for your prayers!
                Spasi Gospodi za Vachy molitvy!
                Valentina by the mediterranean sea, south of France.
              • Theodora
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 30, 2001
                  snip
                  > I have also a prayer request for our parishioneer Maria, who
                  > underwent surgery and chimiotherapy last year and told us today she
                  > has to start again the whole chimiotherapy,
                  > and for Olga from Omsk painfully dying from cancer.
                  > Thank you for your prayers!
                  snip

                  The Lord be with them and unto them strength and mercy. They will be in my
                  prayers. Please let me know how they are doing.

                  love and peace
                  Theodora in the mountains
                • tallscapes@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 2, 2001
                    > Of your charity pray for the elderly Schema-nun Xenia
                    > (in the world: Matiushka Mary Lambros) who was very
                    > recently hospitalized. She has been a model of kindly
                    > personal warmth and devotional fervor for many through
                    > the years. Friends are staying be her side and it is hoped
                    > she will be home just as quickly as she was admitted.
                    >
                    > Sinful, Peter Brandt-Sorheim

                  • David Moser
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 13, 2002
                      Please remember Hieromonk Averky in your prayers. He has a serious illness that
                      has his doctors stumped - no one seems to really know what is causing the
                      problem or agree on what the best course of treatment would be. He is facing
                      some difficult and painful medical tests and possible surgery with long term
                      intense followup. Please keep him in your prayers for his health and well
                      being.

                      Priest David Moser +++ moserd@...
                      Boise, Idaho
                    • Abuna1913@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 3, 2003
                        Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very Reverend George
                        Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all his family
                        at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of any pain,
                        and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his example of
                        his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

                        Yours in Christ

                        Elias Harb

                      • Timothy Tadros
                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 4, 2003
                          In'shallah tis la-mi
                          Il'yat-na na hamna
                          Rdr Timothy Tadros
                          Give rest O Lord to soul of thy servant the Priest George

                          Abuna1913@... wrote:

                          Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very Reverend George
                          Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all his family
                          at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of any pain,
                          and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his example of
                          his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

                          Yours in Christ

                          Elias Harb

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • cjfile2000
                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 4, 2003
                            --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Timothy Tadros <tadros@a...>
                            wrote:May God grant him blessed repose in the Paradise of Joy-With
                            love in Christ,sinful John.
                            > In'shallah tis la-mi
                            > Il'yat-na na hamna
                            > Rdr Timothy Tadros
                            > Give rest O Lord to soul of thy servant the Priest George
                            >
                            > Abuna1913@a... wrote:
                            >

                            > Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very
                            Reverend George
                            > Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all
                            his family
                            > at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of
                            any pain,
                            > and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his
                            example of
                            > his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
                            >

                            > Yours in Christ
                            >
                            > Elias Harb

                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            Service.

                          • Sandra Thompson
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 4, 2003
                              Memory Eternal

                              At 09:30 AM 11/4/2003 -0800, you wrote:
                              >In'shallah tis la-mi
                              > Il'yat-na na hamna
                              > Rdr Timothy Tadros
                              > Give rest O Lord to soul of thy servant the Priest George
                              >
                              >Abuna1913@... wrote:
                              >

                              >Please prayer for the Departed Servant of God, My Father Very Reverend George
                              >Harb. My Father passed away today peacefully in his sleep with all his family
                              >at his side. Thanks to God He did not suffer, or hardly complain of any pain,
                              >and was alert to the last day. He was an inspiration to us by his example of
                              >his faith to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
                              >

                              >Yours in Christ
                              >
                              >Elias Harb

                              >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            • StephenATL/Στέφανος
                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 24, 2004
                                My Dear Brethren the Synod and ROCOR Lists,

                                Let us all on bended knee, with the tears of repentance of Great Lent
                                and the joy of Pascha in our hearts that gives us that «χαρμολύπη»
                                (harmolype) or «sorrowful-joy», let us pray for our beleaguered,
                                persecuted and suffering Orthodox brethren in Kosovo (and all of Serbia)
                                and in Palestine (and all suffering Orthodox Christians in the Middle
                                East), who cannot or will not be able to celebrate Great Week and Pascha
                                in peace and love as we are able. Let us pray for them with tears in
                                our hearts, that our God will help and comfort them.

                                in his Love,
                                Stephanos
                              • Stephen/Στέφανος
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jul 16, 2004
                                  Dear All,

                                  I ask all members of the lists, especially the clergy, to remember the
                                  soul of the servant of God, Maria-Elisavet, my mother, who fell asleep
                                  in the Lord on 25 June 2004. Her 40-day memorial will be August 4th.

                                  Thank you,
                                  Stephanos Upton
                                • Carol
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 3, 2007
                                    Dear in Christ, Dawn Ann,

                                    Please know that my prayers are with you, and your grandmother Rena, and mother Lynda. May God grant them, 'Many more Years.'

                                    God does have this all in his hands, of course. I lost my Mom two yrs ago, and my grandma and Dad, much earlier. They have all passed over, to be with our Lord, so certainly I understand the stress these situations bring while we watch and take part in the struggles, loved ones go through.. The only thing that brings peace, is the prayer of Gods people, and our faith, in him. As you well know.

                                    When this happens in our lives I always think of it, as knowing how the Theotokos must have felt when she saw her son, suffering, even though she knew it must be, as he chose to die for us, so we could have eternal life in him.

                                    Anyway, will be praying, please do know this.

                                    In Christ,

                                    Katherine