Upcoming Festival

  • matanna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      Next weekend, just before the fast starts, our parish, St. Nicholas
      Russian Orthodox Church in Stratford, will have our sixth annual
      Russian Festival. There will be Russian food (we make more pierogi on
      Monday and the golubsti at the last minute, Friday; the freezer is
      full of kotleti and pieroshki and the like), Russian dancing by the
      children of the parish with guests invited to learn and join in,
      Russian singing followed by a sing-along. Vendors will sell books and
      music and icons and folk items. There will be crafts and baked goods.
      The church grounds are beautiful anyway and this is the most
      beautiful time of year. We look forward to seeing as many as can come.

      Liturgy on Sunday will be early, at 9, but in general throughout the
      summer both ROCOR churches in Stratford (St. Nicholas and
      Presentation of Christ in the Temple) have Vigil at 6:30 and Liturgy
      at 9:30. St. Nicholas Church is on One Honeyspot Road, just off exit
      31 of I-95. Proceeds from the festival will go to the Cupola
      Restoration Fund, to preserve and maintan the domes which can be seen
      from the highway. If you can't come for the festival but will be
      somewhere between Boston and New York this summer, stop on by!

      Come, eat and dance and sing with us!